Legator?

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by kuro_hasegawa, Sep 27, 2017.

1. kuro_hasegawa

kuro_hasegawa SS.org Regular

Yeah that makes sense. They should either up their production quality or up their customer service; it would be a miracle if they did both, but until then, I don't feel comfortable gambling with my wallet.

2. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

consistency costs money. It costs money to take a hardline with your factory and tell them you accept anything that's not 99 percent perfect. It takes money to send stuff back. It takes money to fly to china and yell at them.

Unfortunately a lot of these fly by night american designed, chinese built companies don't understand this. They get a shipment of guitars and by god they will sell them all.

khm likes this.
  3. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

Every couple months someone makes a new "is legator any good" thread and the answer is always "lol no"

4. silverabyss

silverabyss _(:3 」∠)_ Contributor

Except now they're making dope ass "looking" headless's :(

5. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

i will stick to my Chinese knock offs thanks.
    :pickle:

6. kuro_hasegawa

In the late future I may pick one up just for the aesthetic, then sell it to my local music store if it's trash.

7. BrailleDecibel

BrailleDecibel K-U-N-fusion!

DVSR is so awesome...they get ripped on as "Hacktivist lite" a lot, but I think their vocalist/rapper guy has way better flow than most of Hacktivist's stuff. Just had to reply when I saw that you mentioned them. :lol:

8. kuro_hasegawa

Hacktivist doesn't lift a candle to DVSR's overall flow and writing. Their guitar tone is probably the best I've ever heard for prog aside from Within the Ruins...but that's my personal preference.

lewis, Masoo2 and BrailleDecibel like this.
  9. ite89

ite89 SS.org Regular

Sorry but unless you're an artist I don't think you'll be able to get superb quality out of legator. There are countless of horror stories about some of these guitars, in particular their entry level to midrange instruments. Just very poor quality control, but if you're willing to try it then by all means! You can't really expect quality control to be topnotch so it's a hit and a miss. Not hating on Legator guitar users at all! As they seem to be reasonably priced instruments with very interesting design concepts. I just hope that they become more stringent with instrument inspection.