Lead guitarist quit. Backing track solos?

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by buriedoutback, Jul 15, 2016.

1. buriedoutback

buriedoutback SS.org Regular

Follow-up:
    So my bass player has expressed interest in playing guitar moving forward. He plays guitar in my old band "Empyrean Plague" so I know he and I could write/play some heavy riffs together. He also has a 5150/mesa 412 so I don't have to worry about tone/volume.
    I'm thinking that he and I will weave some Heavy AF riffs together with some limited 'lead' work, and I'll record the bass and play it via backing track. We already use backing tracks for the 1st album strings/synth/piano material, so we're all set to use it for bass.

2. buriedoutback

buriedoutback SS.org Regular

update 2: so the departed guitar player has expressed his deep regret and has apologized for leaving us f@cked over. We are letting him come back with a couple caveats.
    Also, my bass player was going to be playing guitar moving forward, and with our departed lead guitar player coming back, we are going to try having 3 guitar players and a bass backing track. Our setup will be 2 rhythm guitars (playing complimenting riffs, harmonized riffs, or the same riff) and 1 lead guitar (this way his fingers can dance all over the fret board). I'll record a thick-a$$ bass track for each new song and we'll play it through the PA. The new album will be more brutal/tech and less symphonic.
    Also #2, I finished editing our 2nd music video last night!! We should be posting it in a couple days so keep an eye out.