Labella crazy 8s long enough???

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by acsm122385, May 5, 2012.

1. acsm122385

acsm122385 SS.org Regular

Anyone know if Labella's crazy 8s are long enough for an AGILE 30'' scale SEPTOR. It has a reverse headstock and I'm just not sure if the strings are long enough. On Rondo's site they say they will not fit but i talked to someone at Rondo and they said they should fit.

2. Brohoodofsteel75

Brohoodofsteel75 SS.org Regular

When you order from them you tell them what guitar you have, the scale length and such. They'll hook you up. Better yet measure from your bridge to your tuner and tell them just to make sure.

Also, Welcome to the forum!

EDIT: I'm sorry i thought you were ordering a custom set, the crazy 8's most likely wont fit.

3. acsm122385

acsm122385 SS.org Regular

Yeah I had told them that and that's what they responded back with. I found on 1 website that they have a winding length of 43'' but not 100 percent sure of what the total length of the strings would be from that

4. Dayn

Dayn silly person

43"... subtract 30" for the scale length and you have 13" left over. If it's a string-through, let's say 5". You have 8" of winding left over.

In other words, just measure your guitar. If it's wound up to 43", how much of the core is left? You can just wrap the core around the tuner.