KoRn rig rundown

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by AkiraSpectrum, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Decipher

Decipher Ibanez Enthusiast

Kind of a fun interview on their 'Euro' rigs. We would expect they'd be more aware of what they have but they really are just the type of players where as long as it works they're good. Not much into details which is kind of funny. And yeah, their tech Jim has been with them since the beginning but he's about as aware of things as they are LOL.

2. R34CH

R34CH Counter Culture Bullet Vulture

If he was serious, kinda find it astounding that Head didn't even know what woods were used on his signature guitar. Guess as long as they put an Evertune on it and made it purple he was fine with everything else...

3. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

His sig is basically the Ken Susi model in purple. The EverTune is most likely the reason why he switched from Ibanez to ESP, because he wanted one in a production signature model but Ibanez probably didn't want to have one.

R34CH likes this.
  4. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

This. I know he’s had his issues, but how can he just blank out on something utterly inconsequential in life?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  5. Geetarguy

Geetarguy SS.org Regular

I met head in person and he was that same way backstage when we met in 2011. Id hate to say it but thats also a effect of hardcore drug use that has caused his personality to change a bit from when he used. Otherwise thats his norm

6. downburst82

downburst82 SS.org Regular

Thats cool I met him around the same time.
    You are correct being former heavy Meth user myself it definitely has long term effects and changes your brain chemistry even after your clean.

7. k5beaststa

k5beaststa SS.org Regular

Great interview and rundown. I still love these guys.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  8. theicon2125

theicon2125 Midwest Metalhead

When I met him in 2012 (when Love and Death was just under his name) he was surprisingly calm after the show. I figured he would be more energetic like in this video but he was just chill. Super nice guy.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  9. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

<3 Love and Death.
    Their recent single is sick.

10. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher SS.org Regular

Wow..... the days pre Korn when a multi colour swirled universe could be pinched for $1500.... any gear related video with Head and Munky is always awesome, cool endorsement of the Premium White Universe too that Munky currently tours with one

11. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

I just love they are all honest, like Head saying. I just chaged brands "because", love my new guitar, but I also love this Ibanez so Im taking both on tour.

12. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

As someone who has a million guitars and can tell what tuning, pickups, woods, etc each one is, it's surprising to see people who really don't care that much about specs. It's kinda neat. They're the type to just use what works and looks good. Head is someone I've always looked up to, and I think it's nice seeing him these days. He's relaxed so much, and he's coherrent. Seeing older interviews bums me out.

13. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

yeh I though the same, but then I remembered I spend like 10 years of my planing life not really knowing anything about specs rather than "it looks pretty, and it has X brand of pickups(just the brand no model)"..... wasnt until few years back and mostly to this forum that I really started to nerd about all the differences and specs

this forum has been both a blesing and a course hahah