Kiesel --- Never Again!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by MetalHead40, Mar 7, 2017.

1. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

I think it would be iffy in Kiesels case. Custom made to order items are not subject to the same returns policy.

However, I see Kiesel has a number of "in stock" items that are Non returnable, since these aren't actually made to someones order then the return policy should apply (though I'm not a lawyer) given that it was spec'd with no customer at the time of building ergo it is not a "made to order" product.

But it does apply to custom made items that are faulty (warranties would also come in to play here). If it's faulty a customer can claim for a return/refund and depending on the specifics the seller should pay for the shipping.

Add to this that it generally improves transparency and respect in a brand/store/company to still offer a return/refund policy out with the usual standard EU law. Simple customer service to not only comply to the sales law but go the extra mile.

2. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

The UK law in question relates to distance selling - i.e. buying on the Internet when you haven't seen the actual product. And obviously the law would supersede whatever silly company policy they have. That said, most customers don't know the laws and the companies get away with being naughty and refusing refunds/repairs when they technically should.

3. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

Which is why I was asking about US laws. Just wondering if there was anything similar it seems rather strange that there would be no law protecting online buyers in the US.

For example when Keisel ship out faulty products in the EU they would by law be forced to repair, replace, or refund. Within the bounds of what is custom etc.

4. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Not really. You could take them to small claims court, which does cost you money. If you win, you can ask for court costs, but if for some reason you lose, those costs are yours.

5. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Leave the fucking poor fretboards alone! :wallbash:

A-Branger and MatiasTolkki like this.
  6. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

It's important to remember that all of this talk about legal options for botched orders is for an active company. Does anyone read this at this point and still think it sounds worth it? :lol:

MatiasTolkki likes this.
  7. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

I don't recall I had an account there from 2009 I think but I never really looked over there. As far as I knew, I kept my story private until I securely had my money back and then talked about it here and on a few facebook groups and that's it.

This stuff was talked about a few pages ago in regards to return policies, some of the nuances seem to be held within an individual state's standards.

MatiasTolkki likes this.
  8. MatiasTolkki

MatiasTolkki Burn In Agony

Maybe it was someone else who had a similar story because I remember someone talking about that on the forums before my entrance into the Kiesel Forum Gulags.

9. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

That would be interesting. I deal with ISO compliance for a living. It and most other quality management systems (they are all mostly very similar methodologies) are great as long as you are striving for improvement, consistency and your management are 100% committed.

10. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

I was just more interested in the US law regarding returns, seems crazy that they don't have anything.

11. -JeKo-

-JeKo- SS.org Regular

I've received a ton of private messages so... That fretboard post in the Facebook group was mine. As a result, I got banned and apparently so did a lot of people. I'm currently in talks with Kiesel to reach some sort of solution so unfortunately I'm not going to comment on this any further at this point.

I promise to give you an update once the dust has settled!

12. MatiasTolkki

Looks like "someone" is trying to silence a lot of people.

13. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

Makes no sense why you’d be banned. Were You being hilarious after your op? Waiting for updates.

14. kevdes93

kevdes93 Sassy

[​IMG]

This gave me a laugh. I didnt even bother replying to him :lol:

Avedas, AxeHappy, oracles and 5 others like this.
  15. MatiasTolkki

Except that fool doesn't realize that Mark Kiesel was copying PRS in a LOT of ways before, like the CT models, and the change from Gibson scale (24.75) in the 80s to the 25 inch PRS scale in the 90s. What a loon.

16. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

Why do people become so aligned with a brand that they say that sort of bollocks? Like, I'm delighted for you if you like your Kiesel(s), but for heavens sake.

Avedas, AxeHappy, oracles and 6 others like this.
  17. MatiasTolkki

That whole spiel that Jeff gives about being "family" I guess. Too many people have bought into it

18. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire hardtail crusader

I like my kiesels but some of the things these ravenous fanboys say makes me facepalm.

19. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

I agree.... Fanboyism is just another face of tribalism and tribalism is a socio-evolutionary default that is beginning to show its age. Feeling like you belong is great and really is a advantage that leads us to integrate and cooperate increasing our likelihood of survival. But using that mechanism in a modern context to spout utter nonsense, kiss peoples backside and attack people who are on another side in a supposed rivalry is 1 or 2 microns above us as a species picking our favourite tree and flinging our feces at the denizens of neighboring trees.

Encountering examples of extreme toxic fanboyism like sports teams supporters, PC vs Mac or more us vs everyone examples like radical politics or "movements" really highlight to me that when we do eventually kill each other off and dolphins inherit the mantel of apex species that they will do a better job than us.

KnightBrolaire likes this.
  20. nyxzz

nyxzz SS.org Regular

constantly amazed at what this thread has turned into lol

ImNotAhab likes this.