Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by adrock, Jan 7, 2011.

1. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Those sound really good, particularly the first one.

lewis likes this.
  2. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

agreed, the 1st one is my favourite too \m/

3. Drezik27

Drezik27 SS.org Regular

Any thoughts after day 1?

4. Drezik27

Drezik27 SS.org Regular

I'm not super familiar with the kemper yet. Where can I get the cab maker?

5. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

Drezik27 likes this.
  6. itsallinmyh3ad

itsallinmyh3ad ...Made me do it.

Just got my kemper today. Must have profiles?

7. jerm

jerm SS.org Regular

^look up the Kosten free profiles on the Kemper forum, he's got amazing free ones: 5150 plat mod, herbert, Hagen, Dual Rec, SLO-100

Checkout Sinmix, Tonehammer/Deadlight studios, Origin Audio.

takotakumi likes this.
  8. Tuned

Tuned SS.org Regular

Hi happy kempers,

my pal SUDDENLY gave me his Kemper lunchbox to use. He may or may not be taking it back sometime (yeah, I know it isn't Christmas time, but that's what actually happened). I mean, I didn't even see it coming, I just stopped over for a pizza and then the next thing I know he's unplugging the funny thing and all that.
    Yeah, I know this is an annoying offtop beginning but please excuse me my little moment of unexpected happiness, LOL.

Anyway, I just drove back to my house and all there is is the lunchbox (no poweramp version) and a power cord, nothing more. No manual either. I will be using it for rehearsals and gigs, also for recording as soon as we get by (I have a new band that is 4 months old and all).
    I have a few questions below.
    - so there are 2 XLR and 2 jack output sockets, obviously for stereo output. What is the best way to connect the thing to:
    a) a guitar combo,
    b) a mixing console,
    c) MAudio Fast Track sound interface (1 mic XLR and 1 guitar jack input)?

- since I will be using it live I will probably need a MIDI footswitch. Since I don't know whether the owner will be taking it back, and I definitely can't afford buying it from him in the instant future, the footswitch has to be a usable but inexpensive one. The owner himself doesn't really need a footswitch since he only uses the Kemper for his home studio (and he's also the kind of guy who'd buy an original Kemper controller if he ever needed one too).
    I buy used stuff from the USA or Japan from time to time so that is also an option.

- I will definitely download the manual and watch guides but I'll be very grateful if you could drop some links to comprehensible explanations of How To (mostly making, stacking and using presets). Sorry to remind but I don't know how long these new relations will be, just a few nights' stand or the love of life, so I guess I don't need to get very deep into it so far.

Stay tuned!

D.

9. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

anyone know of any better simple patch switching foot switches that work with the Kemper that beat the Digitech FS3X?
    I just need something super simple to change patches. This is like £25 and is from a great company.
    Would anything better this?

[​IMG]

10. takotakumi

takotakumi SS.org Regular

I'm on the same boat.
    Did some digging and this seems like our best option.
    Its reliable and not so expensive.
    I mean there's a kemper one but I find that overpriced for what is is.
    The only other option I see is building your own but for this price i wouldn't mind paying you know haha

lewis likes this.
  11. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

yeah for the sake of £25, it seems we might aswell just buy this then faff around building one.

I know its just up and down so would require a slight tap dance to skip presets in the middle etc (double taps haha) but I just need something super simple and super cheap.

well thanks for looking into it for me/us. I think Im just going to pick one of these up then.

12. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

EDIT: Does the Kemper have tails on delays etc in performance mode when leaving a solo tone, back to a rhythm?

13. purpledc

purpledc Proud blacksheep

Yes it does.

lewis likes this.
  14. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

Profiled a Peavey 6505MH
    Here's the profile to download

Let me know what you guys think as soon as you can. If you think it needs fixing, be detailed why you think that so I can make more profiles with said fixes the next time I have access to the amp AND before I begin the profiles of an Orange OR15H and Mini Rectifier

Tried three times to make this profile and the first 2 attempts sounded like garbage. Got lucky with the 3rd one somehow

takotakumi likes this.
  15. Mike Spreitzer

Mike Spreitzer SS.org Regular

Hey fellow Kemper users,

Mike Spreitzer from DevilDriver here. I'd like to share some free profiles I made with all of you. There are a total of 8 profiles, 4 made with with my Peavey "Block Letter" 5150, and 4 made with my ENGL e530 preamp. They are mostly high-gain profiles made with a MXR Zakk Wylde or a Maxon 808X in front of the amp with a few cleans from the e530. Click on the link below and you'll be able to download a zip file with all the goodies. Any feedback is more than welcome.

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/kemperpromopacks/MegaDrive530Promo.zip

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  16. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

woah hey Mike :)

Thanks for these. Will check them out soon.
    P.s I had no idea you were using an E530! :) Its what I use for my rack setup too.

Mike Spreitzer likes this.
  17. Mike Spreitzer

Mike Spreitzer SS.org Regular

Thanks Lewis...... I haven't used the e530 for a while but it's been part of my studio for many MANY years. We've used it for leads and overdubs here and there on some of our records. Let me know what you think and thanks for checking them out.

lewis likes this.
  18. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

For those of you who don't check the Kemper site or forums often, they've just released a new official (and free of course) rig pack from the maker Ton(e)hammer a.k.a Deadlight Studio with 50 profiles in it. I've been playing with a few of them and they are sweeeeeet sweet profiles. Definitely grab the pack ASAP.

For anyone just starting out or currently looking for profiles, my recommendations are as follows:
    Reampzone, Ton(e)hammer (Deadlight Studio), Origin Audio (Marco Cudan), CiliLab, and Mike here from DevilDriver (AudioVault) all have some killer profiles.
    The only profile makers I'm not really impressed with are ChopTones and Motor City MattFig. ChopTones especially though because it seems like everything they have is muffled.
    The Amp Factory is nice, but don't shop there for metal high-gain stuff.

Most of these guys have some free stuff available through the Rig Exchange and there's also a Kemper Facebook group somewhere that has a community pack with a bunch of free profiles from these guys that you would normally have to pay for.

takotakumi likes this.
  19. takotakumi

takotakumi SS.org Regular

Anybody here a fan of Rivers of Nihil?

Brody is currently selling the profiles used for their last album(and some tours) Monarchy to aid for hurricane aids:

"I've had a lot of people over the last two years ask me for the profiles that we used on our last record. Since we are now done with that record cycle I figured it would be a good time to make them available. However, instead of giving them away or pocketing the money I thought it might be cool to donate all money made through this to the American Red Cross hurricane relief for Puerto Rico, Florida, and Texas. $5 will get you all five profiles that were on Monarchy (rhythm, lead, clean, atmospheric, and low gain tones.) To get these profiles please send $5.00 via PayPal to brodyuttley@gmail.com. Please also attach a valid email address that I can send the .zip folder to.

Thanks!"
    Brody profiled these himself and they're one of the best imo
    I got mine yesterday and absolutely love them.

In case anyone is curious it's 5 profiles:
    Bogner Uberschall for rhythm
    Low gain EVH profile (dirty tones)
    Fender Twin Reverb for cleans
    EVH 5153 Solos
    Atmospheric profile (kind of like pink floydish Id say, imagine pigs flying)

20. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Dude get kinda blows about Matt, I heard those BE100 profiles were fantastic. I love that amp even for modern metal. Doesn’t get there?