Kemp Guitars - Special offer batch run of Half-fan multiscale DCs/SSs

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by KempGuitars, Sep 25, 2017.

1. KempGuitars

KempGuitars UK Custom Builder Vendor

Like these...

[​IMG]

Here's what their new owner said about them:
    "Just to let you know; the guitars (Kiwi Light DC and Light Orange SS Archtop) arrived safely and in perfect condition... I have to say they are an absolute joy to play and I can tell you made them with a lot of care and attention to detail. They play so smoothly the fretboard is like a shredding ice-rink. I’ve had many top quality guitars and have no hesitation in saying these go to the top of hierarchy as my favourites! It’s great they look as beautiful as they play!... I’m a complete matte convert!" - Leighan M, UK

I would like to tell you about a special offer available from Kemp Guitars right now! We are offering a limited batch (run) of custom DC and SS builds at a very special price. What's the catch? I've filled in half your spec sheet already. It's still good though...

The base specs include: DC or SS flat-top or archtop body, 6-strings (sorry, no 7s available on this offer), bolt-on neck with Half-fan fretboard**, stainless steel jumbo frets, Gotoh 381 Series machine heads and matte PU finish. You can then choose from the following "custom options"...

[​IMG]

Check out the full Finish colour chart here: http://www.kempguitars.co.uk/popups/images/kemp-guitars-matte-finish-colour-swatch.pdf

** What is the multiscale "Half-fan"? Half-fan is the name I (Kemp Guitars) have given to the multiscale layout used on my guitars. Described as "much more logical and playable than the standard approach", instead of the placing the neutral (zero degree) fret halfway down the fretboard, I have positioned it at the bridge. Why? Firstly, and most importantly, recent research tells me that as you play closer to the guitar's body your hand and wrist resumes a more natural position - meaning the angled frets are redundant at this point. So, moving the neutral fret not only gives you all the same benefits as a "regular" multiscale fretboard in terms of ergonomics and intonation, but it also allows the use of any guitar bridge and pickups - unlike the regular layout which limits you to single bridge units or expensive custom made bridge plates, and higher priced angled pickups (not yet available from all pickup manufacturers). Secondly, having been frequently asked "how easy is it to adapt to a multiscale?", the less daunting appearance and layout, could be seen as the ideal introduction to multiscale. It can be used with any number of strings and, I believe, is the way to go.

Approximately six weeks turnaround. Hard case, warranty and free UK shipping included, and all for £1200 - approximately 25% less than a standard custom order. International shipping quotes on request.

Interested? I'm only offering four of these builds for now so get in touch now - matt@kempguitars.co.uk
    :)

ElysianGuitars likes this.
  2. KempGuitars

KempGuitars UK Custom Builder Vendor

Forget to mention payment terms: 50% deposit up-front, 50% on completion.