Keller Guitars SS.org special run

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Keller guitars, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Keller guitars

Keller guitars SS.org Regular

Dear SS.org members,

we are considering doing a run of custom guitars, only available to SS.org members with the following specifications:

Base price 1990€ for a bolt on construction with six strings
    Seven string version +100€
    Eight string version +200€
    Left handed versions are available for no extra charge.
    No extra charge for a multiscale version of either of the guitars.

Neck through body +300€

Neck: combination of laminated zebrawood, purpleheart,
    wenge, flamed maple, padouk
    Doubleway trussrod, two carbon rods for extra tuning stability under all circumstances
    Fingerboard: quilted maple, birdseye maple, makassar ebony, african ebony
    Scale: customer's choice. Anything from a mandolin to a doublebass (Usually 25“, 25.5“, 27“, multiscale)
    Tuners: Sperzel locking tuners

Body: swamp ash, mahogany, black limba
    Body types: included in the attachment
    Top: select from one of the tops included in the attachment
    PU: BKP or custom wound Kent Armstrong pickups with bobbins matched to the specific top
    Controls: 1x volume, 1x tone, pickup selector, killswitch
    Bridge: Hipshot and ABM on a multiscale

A hardcase is included in the price.

Download the main document here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6PBnUMgHXDhRXVCN3hLa09WTWc/view?usp=sharing

Download the body types here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6PBnUMgHXDhMjhKZmdjTWNBbEU/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6PBnUMgHXDhWFltUmJnZXV1V28/view?usp=sharing

We are more than happy to accommodate any special requests as well as crafting instruments for those with a tighter budget, should there be enough interest.

Feel free to get in touch via a PM or directly through our FB page, if you have any inquiries in regards to both our upcoming and past builds.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  2. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards? Contributor

Nothing personal, but the track record here hasn't been great.
    Would be good to post up some details about payment plans, build timelines, projections, methods of communication and the like. Should give you some extra traction.

3. CapnForsaggio

CapnForsaggio Cap'n (general)

Slovakia huh?

I had to look that one up:

[​IMG]

4. possumkiller

possumkiller SS.org Regular

Yeah us Americans ain't too good on all those foreign countries and such. I always thought the capital of France was F but they told me it was Paris. I guess those Frenchies are big fans of The Simple Life or somethin.

5. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Isn't Europe the capital of France?! :rofl:

Also, good to know that south of Turkey is the ocean. Good to know that Jersey Island and the Isle of Man get special attention drawn to them on that map. Screw Corsica and Sardinia, though. :lol:

Ohhh... it's funny because it's true, actually sad... very very sad.

Anyway, that was way off topic.

I'd take a look around the board for other Eastern European luthiers who did SS.org special runs and how that turned out. While I'm not going to say you are like the others, people who are not familiar with your work might immediately raise a red flag seeing a thread like this with the board's current attitude toward small builders.

Best of luck!

6. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

Interested but to echo other responses, we really need more information about your company. There isn't much online, I saw 1 NGD on another forum.

7. Keller guitars

In case you are doubtful, please, refer to our Keller guitars FB page.

However, if you are not quite convinced yet, I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Igor Keller, I have been a professional luthier since 1993.
    At first, I have worked for Neuser Basses - a Slovakian-Finnish company building professional bass guitars.
    We have built many instruments for famous artists of the time. These instruments were mostly used in genres such as jazz, funky, fusion.
    Our customers included Armand Sabal Lecco and Stanley Clarke, just to name a few.

As of the beginning of 1997 until mid 1999 I have worked as a church organ restorer.
    This was due to the agreement I had previously signed with Neuser inc. This resulted in me being unable to work as a luthier for two years.
    During this period of time I have refurbished around 5 historically significant organs.
    The most famous would be the Wooden Articular Church in Ke┬×marok, which happens to be part of UNESCOs world heritage list.

In 1999 I have decided to open my own workshop focusing on building custom guitars and basses. In the last couple of years I have been building very precise, historically correct replicas of vintage guitars.

Even though the company itself resides in a small village in Slovakia - Central Europe, I have previously lived and worked in the Netherlands and serviced guitars for The Strings shop in Amsterdam. During this period, I have also worked for Rebel Relic Guitars as a luthier.

I particularly enjoy working on archtop guitars and mandolins. This has always been my hobby. The companys main focus is, however on solidbody electric guitars.
    I have always been around the ERG marketn in a way. I have built a fair few seven string archtop guitars in the past.
    As a matter of fact, we are working on a seven string hollowbody telecaster as we speak.

I do appreciate, that our instruments are not particularly familiar to the ERG market. This, we would like to change and make our guitars accessible to a wider market. We would like to expand to and please this market, which is quite frankly rather significant on todays music scene, and cannot just remain ignored. I have figured, there is no better way of getting an ERG audience than posting our builds on SS.org.

For those situated in Europe, traveling to Slovakia is not an issue. We could also arrange a tryout in the UK, as one of our team members resides in London. Some of our more vintage-like instruments are currently situated in Germany.

As to your worries about getting scammed or deceived, please feel free to find my eBay account, which has tens of positive feedbacks. The account eBay is: keller_archtops. We have hundreds of satisfied customers all around the world. We tend to keep our customers supplied with updates on their instruments on a daily basis. We tend to respond to all our messages in a timely manner.

In regards to payments, we ask for a 40% deposit. PayPal is the preferred option, as it offers cover with its money back guarantee.
    We, also, have a company account, which could be used. This is entirely up to the customers decision.

Should anybody be unhappy with how their instrument has turned out, we offer a two year warranty.

Build time would be in the region of 4 months, depending on how busy the workshop is at the time.

As always, we are more than happy to answer any and every question.

With kind regards,

Keller guitars

(Igor)

8. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

9. Keller guitars

Unfortunately, we have been unable to create a hyperlink that leads directly to our eBay feedback, but feel free to type in to eBays advanced search engine.

Some of our customers are, indeed, members of this forum.
    Feel free to have a read through the main thread. Some of the instruments we have posted there are guitars belonging to SS.org members.

10. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

11. Keller guitars

12. axb312

axb312 SS.org Regular

Interested!

Plus Igor is really responsive and helpful...

13. Keller guitars

Hello again,

a couple of you have expressed their interest in our run here on SSO.

This is one of the custom designs we have created for a member.
    It features our new inline reverse headstock design.

25,5"-26,5" multiscale.

[​IMG]

14. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

I'm in no position to buy another guitar right now (have a custom in the build phase still) but that is one sexy guitar.

15. 4Eyes

4Eyes SS.org Regular

yep, happy Keller guitar owner here (over 6 years, now)

here is original NGD topic I've posted and here are pics after some design upgrades that Igor did to my guitar, in both cases communication was really great and I really can't say anything wrong about his work. guitar plays nice, it's comfy, sounds great.. it's real beast

edit: hah.. didn't notice there is another topic where my NGD topic was mentioned :)

16. axb312

axb312 SS.org Regular

Can't open any of the pics on here.

17. Keller guitars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We apologise for the missing pictures, it has all been fixed now. For now, here are the bodyshapes available in this particular run.

18. Keller guitars

Here are some of the tops that are available in this run.
    Message us with any questions or enquiries.

[​IMG]
    Buckeye burl

[​IMG]
    Buckeye burl

[​IMG]
    Spalted maple burl

[​IMG]
    Spalted maple burl

[​IMG]
    Elm burl

[​IMG]
    Elm burl

[​IMG]
    Elm burl

[​IMG]
    Maple burl

[​IMG]
    Maple burl

We have some 5A quilted maple tops available, too. We may upload those, too should anybody be interested.