Just watched The Lincoln Lawyer

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Hollowway, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

And I'm kind of pissed. I knew about the existence of this movie by name alone, and I'd assumed it had something to do with Abraham Lincoln. Like, the lawyer in the film (Matthew McConaughey) was very much like Lincoln, or used Lincoln techniques, or maybe was alive when Lincoln was, etc. Had I KNOWN that it referred to a lawyer who worked out of his Lincoln town car as his office, I'd have watched it way sooner. That is a faaaar more interesting sounding movie to me!

Anyway, I saw part of it at the gym today, so I came home and rented it online. Dang, McConaughey is one of those actors who I always say I hate, but end up loving every movie he's in. This was a super good movie. You guys should check it out if you haven't seen it. Definitely a worthwhile rental.

2. s_k_mullins

s_k_mullins !@#$?!

It's pretty damn good. McConaughey does make some good flicks. I dug Lincoln Lawyer, but can't say I enjoyed his Lincoln commercials though. :lol:

3. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. :yesway:

4. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

If you haven't seen it yet, you should watch "Mud." That's my favorite thing from this recent string of good movies/tv shows with him.

5. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

This is basically the movie that relaunched his career after an endless string of terrible romcoms. Deservedly so, as it's a really enjoyable film, and he's quite good in it.