Just bought my 1st 7 string...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Mr. Shaw, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Mr. Shaw

Mr. Shaw SS.org Regular

...and I'm really happy I did, pretty much ignored my 6 stringers.

Just wanted to say hello and I hope to learn about all aspects of guitar, from playing them to working on them, and I want to learn about quality hardware, parts and new innovations that come around.

I bought the Jackson JS22-7, entry level I think it is real quality for the money.
    I'm happy with everything about it for a 1st 7 string. Only thing I'd like to do is get better tuners and I'm hoping for a suggestion of a place to find a Schaller 3x4 set.

Any suggestions of any type of locking tuners would be great and thanks.

Glad to find a nice site like this.

2. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

Hello new guy! Where do you live, what are you doing in life?

3. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Welcome! Happy to hear you are really loving a 7 string! Sounds like me when I got my first 7 string lol. Where are you located? (To know where to look for tuners) Personally I use HipShot everything including locking tuners. You can grab some from Ebay, Reverb, and even HipShot's own site.

4. Mr. Shaw

Mr. Shaw SS.org Regular

Hey, nice to meet you. I just got my 1st pair of hipshot by mail just now. I put them on in 5 minutes, no tool until I tightened them down when done. I wasn't going to use the UMP's at 1st but it was so quick and I didn't want to drill new holes - they look nice and feel like quality. Going to string them up now. I also bought a pair of sperzel and a graph tech for my Iommi SG.

The 7 really is great, I enjoy it, I'm just lucky I picked a good guitar that didn't buzz, I feel like I picked the right one. Going to do a string change and tuner change. Enjoy your weekend.

Albake21 likes this.