JS-7

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Digital Black, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

Satriani been using a custom built 7 based on his sig ibanez for some time. A mag artical a few months ago ( guitar player i think) he mentions Ibanez producing them for him. I hope they decide to bring this to market considering they sell more Js series guitars than the K7's. I know I'd buy one for sure.. Ibanez always bring the worst colors to the USA market.

2. Goliath

Goliath Contributor

I'd have to see it, it might end up looking too much like the EBMM JP (which i dont like at all)

3. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

I assume you mean the shape of the EBMM? I don't like it much either to be honest with you. I'd love a JS7 though. Mmmm....

I wonder what the inlays will be.

4. Digital Black

EB MM? no way. Headstock is toatally different-Ibanez usually uses inline which I prefer. Joe usually don't have any fancy inlays on his regular 6's, I doubt he'd have on the JS7-so that would not be a production item.. Wonder what he's using for pickups though? Dimarizo's for sure but....

5. neantir

neantir SS.org Regular

This would be pretty damn cool. I always liked the S series, but the 7 string version has shitty hardware. Are the JS bodies any thicker than the S ones, by the way?

6. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

From what I've played I think the bodies are the same, but I could be wrong.

7. Digital Black

JS bodies are baesed off the old Raduis model. They are a touch ticker but it has a cutaway on the body where your hand would go to use the higher frets..