Jackson SLAT-7FF

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Lionsden, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Lionsden

Lionsden SS.org Regular

Just ordered one of these Jackson SLAT-7FF and was wondering if anyone else owned one? I saw a thread here from a year or more ago when the press release came out but that was it.

Also...
    Would I have to custom order pickups if I wanted some BKP passives? I'm assuming for the pole pieces to align correctly I'd have to custom order but never been down that road so figured I'd ask. ff7 2.jpg

2. Lionsden

Lionsden SS.org Regular

3. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

Yes for that type of pickup mounting if you want the pole pieces to line up correctly you'll have to get the pickups with a custom baseplate since there's no baseplate for you to swap to.

Alternatively, since the pickups are already active you could switch to fluences. You'll likely need to add a grind wire to the bridge. Tell us how it is. These have been special order only from a number of retailers and I've never seen one in store. I'm interested in getting one as a backup to my more expensive fanned fret guitars.

4. Lionsden

Lionsden SS.org Regular

I order this sight unseen from Sam Ash cause I hope to get an Aristides FF7 in Purple/Red Chameleon which they should be launching next year according to Pascal but didn’t want to drop Custom Shop money without playing a FF first. I’ll defi do a NGD once she arrives!!!

5. diagrammatiks

i hope my kids aren't old by the team the aristides 070s finally comes out.

6. Lionsden

Lionsden SS.org Regular

I contact Pascal a couple months ago after seeing the FF8 in the purple/red Chameleon cause I wanted one in a 7 and he said that they hope to be rolling out a FF7 option early next.

7. Lionsden

Lionsden SS.org Regular

The standard 070s have been out for a while though

8. diagrammatiks

the 070 is the standard scale. their ff8 is called the 080s..i assume the ff7 will be called teh 070s

9. Lionsden

Lionsden SS.org Regular

Ah, I see what you meant now lol. I put in an inquiry a couple months ago and his reply was that it’s in the design phase and that the plan is to roll one out early next year. I’m hoping to maybe make it out to NAMM to check them out in person but all the reviews are amazing and I have a friend who’s owned two now (along with several Mayones, Skervesen, Blackat, etc) and he says Aristides are all flawless and amazing so I don’t expect it to disappoint!!!!

10. gingerman

gingerman SS.org Regular

Are fishmans suggested above the rail type pickups, so that pole adjustment is not a problem?

Another pickup suggestion would be Lace Alumitones (x-bar and/or Deathbar), but I believe these are more suited to mid-gain tones, despite their name.

11. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Congrats and I'd be interested to hear your review for this guitar. Not so much the fanned fret part as much as how is the quality on these guitars.

Before changing the EMG's give them a chance first as they might work well with the guitar. That's what I was thinking when I got my LTD EC407BFM but after playing the guitar I don't plan on changing them any time soon. I even tried a Seymour Duncan Retribution set and still liked the 81-7 and 707 set more. I didn't like the pickups in the Jackson SLAT3-7 I had but the work great in the LTD.