Jackson dk2m neck on dkmg??

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Boston2289, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Boston2289

Boston2289 SS.org Regular

hey everyone I have a dk2m maple neck and I was wondering if it would fit right on a DKMG body? I already looked at the DXMG and DK2 and people said it will fit those bodies, but I haven't been able to find much on the DKMG w a DK2M neck. IF anyone can shed some light on this it will be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. Force

Force Jackson Addict

I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll go on with minimal issue (if any).

Do it so I can see it, maple board on an arch top would look so awesome.

3. asher

asher So Did We

You'll probably need to shim it to get the angle right, as the DK2M neck will probably need to be angled/raised to accommodate for the arch top, but it probably fits otherwise.

4. Floppystrings

Floppystrings No like the floppy

I figure the neck pocket might already be angled properly. Jackson uses that same neck on a few different guitars, carved top or flat top.

If they are made in a different factory though, they may have a different shape, like thickness at the pocket area, or width there too.

5. Boston2289

thanks for the responses everyone. I am leaning more towards a DKMG, than the a DXMG or DK2. but if anyone would like to share ANYTHING about ANY body they have paired with a DK2M neck (or know any info) please let me kno. thanks again. i like the fact the DKMG has EMGS so I prob. won't even touch the pickups and the DXMG comes with EMGS as well.

6. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards? Contributor

IMO, definitely would go DKMG over DXMG. But DK2Ms are amazing as well.
    From what I've seen on the JCF forum is that the heresy about the new DK2M three bolt neck joints is that they are no longer universally swappable with other Jackson necks.
    I don't think you'll have any compatibility issues here, but if you do need to shim the neck, it's a pretty easy move.
    Maple boards are always a winner.

7. Force

Force Jackson Addict

Just make sure you check the EMGs if it's a loaded body you get, most DXMGs had the passive HZ versions.

Try and get an older DKMG with the Afterburner circuit.

8. Boston2289

yeah i was just looking and realized the DKMG seems better than the DXMG. one more question, would of anyone know of any Charvel or Kramer bodies that might possibly fit a DK2M neck??? thanks for the help everybody. :yesway:

9. Blackwinged

Blackwinged FOAD

As was already said, the DK2M neck should fit a DKMG body perfectly. I doubt it would fit any old Japanese Charvel bodies as most of them had 22 frets. I'm almost sure it won't fit any Kramers without drilling new holes also.

10. pablometal

pablometal SS.org Regular

Hello everyone, first post here, i know this is an old thread but i just wanted to know i if got to finish your hybrid jackson. I did the same in 2012, i used a dkmg body(2001) and a dk2s(2006~) neck. I could get it in tune but i was a bit iffy about the sound and took it to a guitar shop to see if theres something bad with it and the first thing they did was to take the neck apart and put a piece of paper in the body cavity (idk) and it sounded better. Years after that i sold the neck and still have the dkmg body..i'm still iffy about it becouse it didn't sounded that bad, it just had noise similar to when you have old strings. So i wanted to know if you already did it b/c i want to do it again!

cheers from chile

11. pablometal

pablometal SS.org Regular

Proof

K5r0M/a/moc.rugmi//:sptth

2017 n still have it

gpj.afeYQek/moc.rugmi.i//:sptth

And have a real dkmg

gpj.3fHwiTg/moc.rugmi.i//:sptth

I can't post imgs or links, the links are inverted