Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Church2224, May 31, 2011.

1. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

DXMGs are built like tanks! My DXMG is my main player even though I have the US.

2. groverj3

groverj3 Biologist/Guitarist

This is true!

I got mine used in high school. Despite it being only a year or so old it already had dents in the body and the trem posts had pulled slightly out due to the previous owner :lol:. Luckily I take care of my stuff and it's performed well for me ever since.

It's kind of funny that when they were in production it was considered a lower tier than the DK2. It was built in the same factory but sold for a good bit less (X Series) and were dirt cheap on the used market. I love my DK2M, but that DXMG is just as well built.

3. Breeding The Spawn

Breeding The Spawn SS.org Regular

IMG_0019.JPG 11214082_1093122384062464_9190177126379495074_n.jpg IMG_5061.PNG Jackson GC37BC - Black Cherry DKMG body with DK2 neck, EMG81/85 and a sweet looking Jackson logo. I've had it for a few years now and It won't leave my side. It's a work horse and it never fails to inspire me to play Death Metal riffs.

4. awake69

awake69 SS.org Regular

My Jackson WRX24 Warrior w/ natural finish.
    [​IMG]

5. Mantrasky

Mantrasky SS.org Regular

My Charvel CS \../
    [​IMG]

groverj3 likes this.
  6. groverj3

I have been critical of the recent x-series offerings, but this warrior looks classy! How's it play?

awake69 likes this.
  7. awake69

awake69 SS.org Regular

It actually plays extremely well. I had it professionally set up with 10's to beef it up a bit (9's don't cut it for me anymore) and I keep it about a half step down. The neck is nearly Ibby Wizard thin.

MatiasTolkki likes this.
  8. MatiasTolkki

MatiasTolkki Burn In Agony

Nice, another Eb tuning fan :D We are a rare breed nowadays :(

awake69 likes this.
  9. Vhyle

Vhyle Jackson Shill

Beautiful Dinky!

10. yuri_1973

yuri_1973 Romantic Shredder

my 2005 japanese SL3 soloist:[​IMG]

V_man and groverj3 like this.
  11. V_man

V_man SS.org Regular

Nice. Hala madrid Y Nada Más

yuri_1973 likes this.
  12. Samark

Samark SS.org Regular

Looking at my next Soloist build and am thinking about going with a bevel. What are your thoughts, all? Disregard the 8 string part/monster headstock!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. xzacx

xzacx SS.org Regular

I don't like the bevel personally, but I think you're going to have a hard time getting that made even if you want it. Unless something has changed, they haven't been taking masterbuilt orders in a while, and I've never seen them make body modifications like that in the Custom Select program.

14. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

I got "Try again in 12 months" for mine when I tried ordering last month.

15. groverj3

My local dealer told me recently that this started due to NAMM and artist backlog in addition to the insane wait times ordinary people were dealing with. He expected them to open things back up once the wait times for customers were at a year or so. That's what the suits determined to be "reasonable." Part of the reason why Joe Williams was upgraded to master builder status as well.

I thought the idea was for custom selects to take some heat off the custom shop, but because they've more or less replaced the USA Select series (when was the last time you saw a new stock USA Select Jackson for sale?) it's actually just capturing people who would probably buy a stock USA Select and giving the custom shop more work :lol:

16. MASS DEFECT

pft. i tried to do a custom warrior february this year and no go there. jackson feels like a boutique builder now. lol

Vyn likes this.
  17. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

I hate how your only non-masterbuilt options for USA 7 at the moment are either stupidly expensive sigs or the B series which IMO are boring as fuck.

18. xzacx

xzacx SS.org Regular

It really sucks. I’ve been on the verge of buying the Pro Series WR7 for this exact reason, but just keep holding out that some Custom Shop 7 that I like will pop up used. (There’s a Canadian dealer with a USA WR7 left, but it’s asking an unrealistic price and I actually like the look of the Pro Series better - I can’t stand the visible neck-thru stripe. For that money, I want to spec it myself or at least actually like how it looks.) I have a USA Broderick and love it other than the fact it’s roughly 12 pounds. The other current USA options aren’t of interest to me because they’re longer scale and/or bolt-ons.

Someone has a Death Warrior up in the marketplace that I’d probably take if I didn’t hate the inlays. I’m really kicking myself for selling a couple Custom Shops I used to have now that after 20 years of trying I’m actually regularly playing 7s. I might end up just trying to find a lighter Broderick because it’s one of the best guitars I’ve ever owned aside from being so heavy.

19. MASS DEFECT

Even in ebay or reverb, the prices of the custom shops are jacked up compared to when you order it yourself. The last custom I had was ordered late 2015. It appeared 1st quarter 2017. And it had the usual black paint. Not even crazy specs.