Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by iRaiseTheDead, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Murdstone

Murdstone Sycamore Trees

This season kind of blows chunks IMO.

2. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

I thought the 'Being Frank' episode was really weak, but have loved everything else.

3. feraledge

feraledge Black Walnut Pounding Bragger Contributor

I don't see this as a re-brand at all, but it's hard to see it as a cheap move. It's not about "here's new jokes", but how the facade for all of them is cracking. Dennis is clearly getting worse and Mac being weakly "closeted" isn't like slapstick comedy, they're long gaming the decline of all the characters.
    Dee's been a little less over the top, but I think it's good that they made sure that Dennis's unlikable side just went full creep.
    I'm almost a little jealous that if you're in Season 8 that you still haven't gotten to see "Mac Day" in Season 9 with Country Mac yet. Great episode.

This new season is amazing. I'm glad Uncle Jack got so much air time last week.

4. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I finished season 10 a week and a half ago. It's fine for the whole run, but yeah, the serial killer thing with Dennis felt like a cheap "facade cracking" as opposed to the handful of episodes where they talk about the fact they're getting really old and still aren't progressing in life. It's a scary thought to be their age and still doing this kind of thing, and the show usually avoids dealing with it. Which is fine, as it's purely ridiculous most of the time, but that would seem like the less "cheap" option of the serial killer/mac is gay thing.

I really like the episode where all of them have an extended fantasy sequence, and the last is Charlie's fantasy of getting with the waitress which is all animated and a ripoff of Up. The small details like the labels on things are what make it great.

5. feraledge

feraledge Black Walnut Pounding Bragger Contributor

One of the greatest moments in Sunny and TV history.

6. jwade

jwade Doooooooooom

An amazing Charlie moment:

7. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I watched the first 8 episodes recently and think it's about the same as any other season. I'm annoyed that they're again pushing the LOL SERIAL KILLER angle, but some of the eps are quite good, ex the trial one, the chardeemacdennis one, and the leprechaun one.