Issues with Reaper

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by matt397, Dec 30, 2017.

1. matt397

matt397 Tr00f

Long story short Im trying to use Bias fx with Reaper. I arm the track, record, open a new track to record over and when I select a different preset of effects on the new track it adds the effects from the previous track to the new track plus the effects im trying to use.
    Anyone know a way around this ? and no I dont want to Mute the first track I want to be able to hear the first track wth the recorded effects.

2. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Do you use FX chains or do you have something set to where when you insert a new track it’s already loaded up with things, like a track template?

3. Sogradde

Sogradde SS.org Regular

Do you happen to use the first track as a parent track for the new one?
    Elaborate on your recording process if possible. Do you use BIAS FX as a VST or standalone? Do you record DIs or wet signals?

4. pipelineaudio

pipelineaudio SS.org Regular

There could be some routing weirdness going on in REAPER. For the new track, I'd make sure that there aren't any sends from other tracks coming in. Make sure the new track is set to record input, not output.

But I suspect there may be some routing going on with the audio interface itself, a monitoring "feature", or some other internal routing on the soundcard (and yes pedants, I know the correct marketing term is "audio interface" but I use it interchangeably with the term "soundcard" so sue me)