Issues with POD XT PRO

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by bstigen97, Apr 16, 2016.

1. bstigen97

bstigen97 SS.org Regular

Okay, I've had this unit for around 6 months with no issues, I scored off of a local classified and it came loaded with the Metal Shop and FX Junkie model packs and was a sweet deal, all of my tones involved things from those packs, such as the big bottom, bomber uber, boost + eq (etc.) I had used it on my Mac into reaper with no issue and used gearbox with no changes to anything important, but last week I hooked it up to my laptop and after running the Line 6 Monkey and Licsense Manager which I thought went easily, but I loaded up Gearbox and it said I had no more model packs installed? I can't get them back even after going back to my Mac and what not, is there any way I can get these back without having to pay $100 for something I already had? I can't find anything similar to something like this on other forums and can't figure how to reach Line 6 Support, any and all help is appreciated!

2. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

I assume you logged into monkey using your own (new) account?

From what I remember (its been a few years since I last used an XT), the model packs are tied to the line 6 account you use in monkey. Since the packs were on the original owner's account, loading your account into monkey wipes the packs, since there are no packs tied to your account.

As far as I know, the only way to get them back would be to contact the guy who sold you the unit and ask him for his username/password for the line 6 account.

From my experience, line 6 support is almost non-existent. They would probably ignore a request like this since its older, discontinued stuff bought used.

3. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

Yep, you need the original owner to "gift" the model packs over to your L6 account.