Is this situation in Wisconsin as corrupt as it looks?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Explorer, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/roundup/morning-briefing-in-extraordinary-move-wi-supreme-court-fires-scott/article_f7d7c982-9a80-11e5-bcea-7f754c2c87e0.html

Short version: the special prosecutor was fired to prevent him from showing the WI Supreme Court was involved in conflicts of interest when deciding a case about donor money, and the judges had received money from those very donors.

To prevent the special prosecutor from being able to appeal the case to the Supreme Court, those judges fired him to remove his standing.

I remember, in my elementary/high school classes, hearing about massive corruption in government which led to various reforms. I couldn't believe that people could be so blatant without getting tossed out.

Is this as corrupt as it appears, starting with refusal to recuse themselves, and now attempting to prevent an officer of the court from pursuing it?

2. lemeker

lemeker SS.org Slacker

It appears so to me at least. If it were brought to light, which it sees to have, those judges stand a real good chance of being at least removed, and most likely barred from practicing law of any kind (if such a thing can happen at that point). More likely than not winding up in prison.

I wonder if the prosecutor can go above the WI court system, to the Supreme Court about it on his own and file a lawsuit and go after them that way.

3. asher

asher So Did We

Yes. It's Walker.

4. skeels

skeels ..to pay the beels

Ultimately they will be forced to sit in a corner with their huge stinking piles of money and think about what they've done. And by corner, I mean their qinter homes in Barbados. :(

Wisconsin's government is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

5. sezna

sezna undermotivated

I think this every year. Every year, something crazy happens and I think "this is so blatant, how is nobody stopping it?"

gerrymandering, PACs and Super PACs, running for president on racist ideas, completely flawed news reporting (seriously, when was the last time anyone has found a good, unbiased news network besides cspan?) and spreading things that have no truth, candidates flat out lying...

Every year, new blatant wrongdoings that pander to the lowest common denominator while the rest of us have to sit here and watch our friends become polarized to the extreme left or right with stupid facebook pages and misleading news articles.

Blatant is a good word to describe the state of non-functionality in our political system. But then again, who can stop it?

6. MetalGravy

MetalGravy Making a meat suit

Well, it's still better than Argentina, I suppose.

7. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

The trickle-down effect to us here isn't as bad as it is in Argentina, but it's pretty disgusting. Trump might be a nut, but at least he's trying to raise Republican ire about this kind of crap.

We did try to recall Walker a few years ago, but it didn't get any traction cause of too many good ol' boys thinking it was a bunch of gd dirty libruls. I think if it had happened after this stuff it might have been more successful.