Is Ibanez prestige Quality Hit or miss?

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Church2224, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

I am about to pull the trigger on an S5470f. Someone over at Jemsite and apparently Rich Harris at Ibanez Rules says their quality is hit or miss, but the Gear Page and this Site always say otherwise. I had an RG1527 That was pretty much perfect so I am not sure. I do not want to pull the trigger on an instrument with problems...

2. Mordacain

Mordacain 1-watt brigadier

QC on Prestiges is pretty much spot-on. Same level you would expect with an American Fender Standard / Deluxe. You're pretty much guaranteed of an excellent quality production guitar.

3. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

I had a 5470SOL that was absolutely flawless, two great 1527s, and am now the owner of an 1820X that I love dearly. I say pull it.

4. orakle

orakle djentleman

not worried at all about Ibanez Prestige QC, go for it

5. themike

themike Chug Life

Prestiege and J Craft should yield no worries. Top notch instruments with razor thin action. Sometimes I miss my S1520.

6. Nitrobattery

Nitrobattery SS.org Regular

I've had three Prestige models and they've all been fantastic. Out of all of the Gibsons, PRS's, Fenders, Caparisons, ESP's etc etc that I've owned over the years, my RGA321F is hands down the best built and most reliable guitar I've ever gotten my hands on. I could stick it in a snow bank for an hour and then play in room that's 90 degrees and the neck wouldn't move.

7. Esp Griffyn

Esp Griffyn APEX

I've never played or owned a Prestige Ibanez that was not incredible, and I've played a lot of them!

Nitrobattery likes this.
  8. MatthewK

MatthewK SS.org Regular

Everyone I've played has been awesome. I don't agree with the Fender comparison, I've yet to play an American Fender that is better than "okay".

9. Miek

Miek POSTING ON INTERNET

It's hit.

10. ZEBOV

ZEBOV Banned

Upon picking up a Prestige or J Craft at any guitar store, the only reason why it would have flaws is because of some fuckwit not treating it right at the guitar store.

11. dsquared

dsquared New Member

I would listen to Rich, he knows Ibanez better than anyone. Otoh, if you buy from Rich, you have nothing to worry about. His setups are top notch.

12. Dayn

Dayn silly person

Hmm... after thinking about it, has there ever been a prestige Ibanez, straight from the factory, that hasn't been top-notch in quality?

13. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

I also read some people think he can be a pain at times as well, but I am not sure

There have been very few Bad Prestiges from all I have read. Most problems are apparently with Fret work and setups, but in reality that can be fixed easily. Plus their is the possibility that those things could have just happened by shipping them overseas.

I thought htey were consistent guitars. I owned a stellar RG1527 and still have an RG550rxx. Plus I have played some S5470s that were all great, I am thinking it was my OCD about getting reassured I was right...

Thanks anyway though.

14. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Both my RG1527 and RG1420F I got about 2 months or so ago were perfect out of the box, just needed to condition the fretboards and put on new strings.

Eric

15. Razzy

Razzy [10]

I pick up an Ibanez Prestige every time I see them around town, because they're my favorite guitars, and they're not overly common here. I own an SV5470F and an RGA121, and I used to have an S2170SE, and they've all been spectacular, as well as all the other ones I've put my hands on.

16. simonXsludge

simonXsludge (((Ω)))

they're more like hit or hit.

all the prestiges i own / have owned, including a S5470, are flawless. pull that trigger!

17. orakle

orakle djentleman

hit/hit, exactly !!

18. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep SS.org Regular

I have an Ibanez prestige RG2610z, and it's absolutely great. Bought it new couple of year ago. The only thing i dislike is the single bridge pickup (it's SD tb10, full shred, and it's good, it's just that there's only one. I'd like to have a neck pickup also). But quality-wise, it's awesome. And so is every other prestige series ibby that i've tried so far. Go for it, you won't be disapointed! :)

I've also owned an prestige RG1527, which was quite good. But i bought it used and it had some flaws because of that. But it wasn't bad either. And the new stock 1527's are really good. :)

This being said, i must add that i've never played a high-end Ibanez that would have some quality-issues. Even most of the low-end ibbys are really really good for the price you can get one.

19. Cheesebuiscut

Cheesebuiscut Loves his Q-tuners

Back when I used to be on the ibanez forums you'd see enough hit or miss with prestiges but these people were comparing the old (Pre-2000) prestiges with the new ones and the old ones were a step above the new stuff.

It was very very rare there was anything overly wrong with them.

20. Rock4ever

Rock4ever SS.org Regular