Iowa

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Drew, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Drew

Drew <font color="#C35617"><b>Fear the Polo!</b></font>

Any projections? I've got my fingers crossed that that last poll holds true, and we come out of this Obama, Edwards, and then Clinton.

2. noodles

noodles <font color=#FF0000><b>I'm your huckleberry</font>

Personally, I rather see it go Edwards, Obama, Clinton, but what is really going to happen is (Clinton,Obama), Edwards.

3. Drew

Drew <font color="#C35617"><b>Fear the Polo!</b></font>

I'd rather see Edwards win it all too bro, but I don't think he's got enough national support to carry the nomination. Obama, meanwhile, could probably leverage a win tonight into a realistic bid.

4. ohio_eric

ohio_eric SS Contributor

My guess is either Edwards or Obama. Kucinich already told his supporters that if they can't get the 15% necessary to caucus then to support Obama. So I lean ever so slightly towards Obama.

Huckabee should win the on the GOP side.

5. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf <b><i><font color="Black">Canis lupis obscurus</fo

Edwards/Ron Paul.

This is what I hope for. Then we'll have a decent shot on either side.

6. Leon

Leon {##[====:::.

i'm curious to know how much of an effect Iowa will have on New Hampshire.

7. lordofthesewers

lordofthesewers New Member

Obama and Biden on the dem side
    the GOP can kill itself.

8. Leon

i don't know how, but i think Huckabee would be as bad as Bush, if not worse, and i don't really know anything about Romney, but i don't think McCain would make a bad president. i'd rather Edwards get the job, but if it goes to McCain, i'll support that :yesway:

9. garcia3441

garcia3441 Tone Whore

I'm kinda hoping for Biden and then Dodd. But I really don't think either has a snowball's chance in hell.

10. Bound

Bound SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

The problem with Edwards right now is he picked the year a woman and a black man decided to run for president. So instead of the democrats actually offering some substance we're lost in the Clinton(again) vs Blackman spectacle.....

It's too bad, because Edwards actually has some great policies, rather than a silver tongue and empty slogans(obama) or the Clinton again campaign....

Otherwise I'd think he might have a legitamate chance, but not this year, sadly.

and Leon, all you need to know about Mitt Romney is he absolutely destroyed the state of Mass. He killed our education, he botched the big dig, he fucked up our health care.... the guy is a grade A moron.

11. Leon

:yesway:

i generally find myself liking Kucinich, but then i remember how fucking dried up and run down Cleveland has become in recent years :lol:

12. lordofthesewers

lordofthesewers New Member

I'm glad Obama won. I take him over Edwards any day. Edwards is all populism and hatred of companies.

13. Abhorred

Abhorred <b><font color="#990000">Laurite Imp</font></b>

I will kill someone, possibly myself, if I ever have to say "President Huckabee."

That sounds like a southern restaurant chain, for crying out loud! Come on down to President Huckabees for the oddest goddamned old fashioned meal you'll ever have!

:headshot:

14. JBroll

JBroll Hard-On For Freedomâ„¢

Nevermind the fact that he's a bloody loon, his name sounds silly.

Wow, US politics really *are* a joke...

All things aside, if it comes down to Obama/Huckabee I have to say my money is on Obama. Not many things can make me like Obama... but comparison to Huckabee is one of them.

Jeff

15. ohio_eric

ohio_eric SS Contributor

I would say Iowa held to predictions. Now there will be a few more primaries and such and it will be interesting to see what happens. Giuliani finished 6th. He's supposed to be banking on Fla. I have an inkling he's toast.

16. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf <b><i><font color="Black">Canis lupis obscurus</fo

I fail to see the problem with that. :lol:

Obama - let's consult the insurance companies to craft health care legislation! Yeah, like the insurance companies really care about people. Sure. ;)

17. Lee

Lee Above

It'll be interesting to see what happens on Tuesday when the Evangelicals aren't carrying Huckabee. I would've rather seen Edwards come out on top, but I can live with Obama as well.

18. Abhorred

Abhorred <b><font color="#990000">Laurite Imp</font></b>

I can't even begin to comprehend the depth of his God fearing insanity, so I figure it's easier to pick on his name.

Heaven help us.

19. ohio_eric

ohio_eric SS Contributor

Of course this is why I find myself agreeing with him so much. Since I'm a populist trust busting mofo. :D

[action=ohio_eric] speaks softly but carries one hell of a big stick[/action]

20. noodles

noodles <font color=#FF0000><b>I'm your huckleberry</font>

Considering the speech he gave after he was announced the winner, I don't see him NOT winning in New Hampshire. He just set the tone for the next three primaries in one very brilliantly executed speech. It has been a while since we saw a candidate talk so boldly and passionately.

I just hope he means what he says. I like Edwards, but I don't see much hope for him beyond Vice President. I think the fat lady is warming up backstage to sing Clinton's swan song. She is going to be hard pressed to win next week.