Invoicing via Paypal for Classified Transactions

Discussion in 'Site News & Support' started by TheShreddinHand, Aug 13, 2014.

1. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Just wanted to throw this out as a suggestion for folks, but I recently did a sale with a guy who requested an invoice be sent to him for the guitar via Paypal. I didn't even realize you could do this or how EASY it was to do! When he got the invoice from me which detailed what I was selling him and the terms, he paid, and I shipped the guitar. I know the mods can't make it a requirement for transactions in the classifieds, but any future deal I do (buy or sell) I'm requesting (or providing) an invoice via Paypal. Just an extra layer of comfort for both parties in my opinion!

2. Cloudy

Cloudy Dunvegan Guitars Contributor

iirc sending the payment as a 'goods and services' payment offers the exact same protection as requesting an invoice. The only time it gets really dicey is if its paypal gift.

3. pondman

pondman Build Whore. Contributor

^ This ^ don't ever do Paypal gift.

4. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

That's cool. And I guess you always have your PMs, emails, and stuff like that with the seller but I'd think an invoice would hold up even better for disputes etc.

Yeah, I only do this when I owe my bro money when we go in on gifts for family members! Haha!