Intro and Incoming NGD

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by mystix, Aug 2, 2011.

1. mystix

mystix SS.org Regular

hi there... i've been posting in the classifieds for a while now. i wanted to make a formal introduction here... i have been a regular on harmony central, mark wein's guitar forums, birds and moons, the gear page, jemsite, and rig talk for a while.

I used to play nothing but Jems and Universes, but sold them all years ago. I've been playing PRS and Gibson since(mostly PRS)... but today, I have this coming in:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

thats a sweet guitar! welcome! just so you know, its not gonna feel like the jems your used to ;)

i personally seek out the older ibanez for the feel. the new ones just dont "do it" for me.

3. atticmike

atticmike SS.org Regular

from prs to this one ?:D

Reminds me of the ibanez jp signature model.

4. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

what unis and jems did you have?

5. mystix

mystix SS.org Regular

I still have my PRS'... I have a Custom 22 that I will never ever sell!!!

We'll see how I like it... I have a few days to decide if I want to keep it or not.:metal:

6. mystix

mystix SS.org Regular

I had 2 Jem 7WH(is that the model number)... the white ones. I remember when you could get them used for less than $1000 on ebay and locally. As for UV's just the UV777BK... I had a few of those.

Great playing guitars, but I just didn't vibe with the locking trems after a while. we'll see how i do with this one.

7. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

oh, you had newer models.it will play about like those. try an older jem and/ or uni :shred: they dont even feel like the same model of guitar compaired to the newer ones ;)

8. mystix

mystix SS.org Regular

well, i got the guitar... she sounds great and plays amazingly well!!! however, it looks like the fretboard is already fading. there are some light spots on some of the frets... you can't see it if you are more than 3 feet away, but when you are playing and look down, you can see it.

she's going back

9. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

sounds like the board is a little dry. thats perfectly normal and expected on a new guitar . just give it some lemon oil ;)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dunlop-Fretboard-65-Ultimate-Lemon-Oil-105480644-i1134774.gc

10. mystix

mystix SS.org Regular

funny... i already had a bottle of that stuff... i tried it and the fretobard looks great!!! i'll give it a day or so and see how it looks then... she might be a keeper after all. thanks!!!

11. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

:hbang:

i usually put enough on that it actually wells up and "pools" on the board between the frets. i let it sit for about 20 minutes then rub it all off with an old clean sock. then you have to let it sit about another 30 minutes while occasionally "weeping" the excess out. the board will appear dry, but in a minute or 2, you will see oil on the board again. thats the grain actually absorbing/expanding and pushing out excess oil. not a big deal but feels like shit when you play if you dont let it weep before you restring and play. should be good,dark, and nice feeling for several months after that:shred:

12. mountainjam

mountainjam SS.org Regular

Congrats. I had the blue premium for a while. Killer guitar for the money, but jym is right. It just doesn't compare to older mij.

13. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

i wouldnt say "dont compair" the quality on both a damn perfect. the older ones just play a little different. im 34. so i like them to play like they did when i was a teen/early 20s. only way for me to get that "feel" is to buy period correct guitars:wallbash:

14. mystix

mystix SS.org Regular

15. ScrotieMcBoogerballs

ScrotieMcBoogerballs Bringer of Storms

Oh, god. That's a beauty, man! Gassin' hard for a red or purple one, myself.

16. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

damn nice, very bright! is that your room, tone, or the guitar?

17. mystix

mystix SS.org Regular

The room is bright but the guitar is bright too. Think I'll have to mess with eq a bit to get it to sound just right. A bit thinner sounding than my Prs but that was to be expected

18. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

sounds awesome! i like bright! its not to bright that its brittle or thin. its bright like it should be ;) try just lowering the high e side of the pup a bit .

19. guitarister7321

guitarister7321 Ibanez

Congrats on the new guitar! Nice video!

20. s_k_mullins

s_k_mullins !@#$?!

Congrats! I just bought the Liquid Inferno model (orange).