Insane practice technique

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by ImBCRichBitch, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Trespass

Trespass AEADGBEA

As a group, you have a very large pallet of dynamic ideas, especially in terms of attack, vibrato style and tone. But individually, they have a few ideas that define their sound and they aggressively stick with it. Govan, Lane are certainly the exception. From what I remember of Gilbert, he also has a decently wide expressive pallet as well.

This comes from committing to learning and investigating "guitar god" rock, metal, classical, jazz and world music on two separate instruments that I perform and teach professionally on.

There are certainly other pretty dramatic criticisms I have of other styles (the technical perfection over expression/interpretation, downplaying of improvisation and composition in classical music; the lack of variation in form [this really bothers me] in jazz music).

These are living, developing art forms. I don't see anything wrong with criticism to bring in new levels of expression within that form.

2. ImBCRichBitch

ImBCRichBitch SS.org Regular

So this ran away from me. :/ anyway since i posted this i have begun playing only finger style a la frusciante, with daddario 13-56 string on acoustic and 10-52 on electric and i have noticed that what ive practiced on acoustic is much easier on electric.

3. Davey

Davey SS.org Regular

I've started practicing on acoustic so when I go to play on electric it feels like butter! Acoustics good for practicing improvising lead guitar on for that reason