in the hopes of saving weight

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by soldierkahn, Sep 10, 2018.

1. soldierkahn

soldierkahn BAD MAMMA-JAMMA Contributor

I am a traveling contractor so having an amp with me is out of the question, but I want to be able to play while im on the road.Ffirst i was considering getting really decent studio speakers to connect to the laptop, using a TonePort UX2, and then Gearbox on the computer to shape my tone. But due to weight restrictions on my bags without paying exorbitant fees, bringing monitor speakers with me is out of the question.

My next option that I could use would be the same setup with the TonePort UX2 and Gearbox, but this time instead of speakers, use studio headphones. The only problem with this option is that I dont have a ton of money to dump on headphones and do trial and error. So this is what brought me here to you guys.

Im looking for a set of studio headphones that work really well with the above setup, because every set of headphones Ive tried so far have been epic fails. But Ive only had experience with trying to use head[hones via the headphone jack on my Line6 Spider 3 at home, not using the laptop, so those could possibly be very different tones.

The guitar that im using is a DCM100 Mahogany RGD7, and the tone im looking for would be for B standard, and a song or two as examples would be "Flaw - Out Of Whack" and Five Finger Death Punch "Coming Down".

ElRay likes this.
  2. KingAenarion

KingAenarion Resident Studio Nerd

Audio Technica ATH-M50X.

Cheap, light, compact.

ElRay, soldierkahn and NateFalcon like this.
  3. NateFalcon

NateFalcon Party’s over

^beat me to it lol

soldierkahn likes this.
  4. soldierkahn

soldierkahn BAD MAMMA-JAMMA Contributor

thanks guys, i appreciate it