I'm new here.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Richardscuro, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Richardscuro

Richardscuro SS.org Regular

Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum. I ran past it a couple of weeks ago and have been looking at it more and more lately. My name is Richard I play in a band called Chiaroscuro. I love sevenstring guitars and currently own 4 with one on order (Schecter C-7 Blackjack). My band plays more of a street prog rock that is along the lines of DT's Awake in terms of mood. I am really stoked that there is a place out here that we shunned players of this type of guitar can talk. My bands website is pretty old right now because we have been writing new material and a lot of us have been getting new jobs (gotta pay the rent and buy more gear) but our original CD Brilliant Pools of Darkness is actually on itunes and napster for download. I look forward to getting to know everyone better in the future as I plan on contributing here on a regular basis.

:hbang:

2. Dylan7620

Dylan7620 that guy

:wavey: welcome, this is a great forum to be at with many great people to get along with. what are ur other 7 stringers? :shred:

3. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

Welcome to the forums bro! :wavey:

4. Goliath

Goliath Contributor

Welcome :hbang:

5. TheReal7

TheReal7 Mr. Melody Contributor

Welcome to the forums!!!

6. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Cool, welcome aboard. :)

7. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

Hey, I've seen your band at Studio 7 before. You're from Washington, right? This is Shannon from End Theory (formerly of Byaxis). Welcome aboard!
    :shred:

8. kman

kman lllllll

Welcome man :scream:

9. Richardscuro

Hey Shannon!

It's nice to see that there are a couple of people from the area on this forum. Are you the guy that got that crazy 8string guitar built from EKG guitars? How did that thing cost? I looks amazing!

Dylan, I have a Ibanez RG7620(Black), a Ibanez S7420FMTT, Schecter C-7, Danelectro Mod7, and a Schecter C-7 Blackjack on order.

Thank you to everyone for your friendly greetings.

10. GuitarMofo

GuitarMofo Soon to Be a 7String Boy

Welcome dude :shred:

11. Shannon

I'm the guy. This should refresh your memory. http://www.ekgguitars.com/galleries/shannonsharp8string/index.html
    After 2 months, I sold it. It's a great guitar, but in reality, it was just a bit too much for my hands. Oh well, I had to build it to find out.

I'm happy with my 7-strings. Times were tough last year, so I had to sell a majority of my collection. No worries though. My collection is growing again. My main player is an ESP SC-607. But today, I'm ordering a Schecter Damien 7. :hbang:

...and by the way, I'm extremely jealous of your S7420. ;)

12. Richardscuro

lol

Thanks. I love that guitar. The funny thing is that I got that guitar on clearance from American Musical Supply for $499. I even like the way it sounds with the stock V7 and V8 pickups.

I can understand why that 8string was a handful. It took me long enough to get used to the 7string!

Let me know how your Damien 7string works out. I am still on back order for my blackjack. :scream:

13. Shannon

Well yesterday, I decided to get a new RG7321. For $300 out the door, it was too good of a deal to pass up. I'm also playing with Charlie Drown now & I tried it out with the band.

You're right...the stock V7 & V8 pups sound pretty damn good. I think I'm gonna experiment by putting in a couple of Lundgren pickups (Meshuggah's pup of choice). I've been a diehard EMG user for years. I'm even endorsed by them, but I'm ready to check some new stuff out.

14. moojimoo3

moojimoo3 moo7

shite 8string necks pretty fat aswell and dude wellcome to the forum

15. WayneCustom7

WayneCustom7 Paolo Contributor

How is that Dano Mod 7? Oh welcome...

16. Richardscuro

Wayne,

I actually get more compliments on that guitar than any of my others lol. That always cracks me up becuase it is the guitar I play the least (I have it hanging on my wall). As far as tone, it has a surprisingly thick rhythm tone. You can't really play leads on it very well though. Truth be told I got it because I found it on clearance new for $199 and I thought I could get some interesting tones from it in the studio. It sounds good but is far from being a great sounding highgain guitar. It's better for clean and semi-distorted stuff.