I'm Going to NAMM!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Webmaestro, Nov 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Webmaestro

Webmaestro Ibanez Fanatic Contributor

Finally, after a lifetime of just hoping/wishing/dreaming, I've managed to get a guest invite to NAMM in January.

A question for those of you who've gone before:

Since I'm driving to Anaheim, I was thinking of taking my guitar with me. Or, is that just dorky? Obviously, there will be plenty of guitars there to play, but if I'm going to fart around with any amps, fx, etc. I'd like to play my own guitar.

Thoughts?

cwhitey2 and pondman like this.
  2. myrtorp

myrtorp Jiggywiggy

I cant answer your question but going there should be pretty sweet, have fun man!
    I request close ups of the new Ibanez models hehe :p

Cheers!

3. odibrom

odibrom .

I'd say to leave your guitar at home. I'm sure most amp/pedals/FXs brands will have some sort of guitar to try their products with... sure, our guitars feel better on our hands than any other guitar...

The ONLY way for me to take one of my guitars to a show like that is to have a gig there...

4. auxioluck

auxioluck Metal Teddy Bear

Congrats! I went back in 2006 and it is a hell of an experience. Don't worry about taking your own guitar; there are plenty of demo axes available. Most amp displays meant for demoing have guitars already there. I know that the idea is to actually hear your own guitar through the amp, but getting your guitar checked in/out may be a hassle. I'm honestly not sure about how that works though. Also, not sure if this is still the same, but when I went, you had to have an appointment to get into the Gibson and Fender booths.