Im dumb

Discussion in 'Drums & Percussion' started by idunno, Mar 6, 2011.

1. idunno

idunno SS.org Regular

Hey guys, I have cubase le 5 and a Tascam 1641 Buy TASCAM US-1641 USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI Computer Interface | Audio Interfaces | Musician's Friend
    Im looking to get superior drummer 2.0 and get some drums down.

Id like to hook up an electronic kit to cubase and play the drums into it and then revise/ add or subtract hits etc and use the nicer sounds from the drum program. The problem is the kit runs off two drum brains.

Do I need a midi out from each and into separate ports on the tascam? would the program recognize if i went into a non midi port? How do i even set this up? I play guitar, just got the software and this stuff is really confusing me...

Any advice or even a link to a tutorial would help, I havent found one yet.
    Thanks!

2. yingmin

yingmin Parker ├╝ber alles

What do you mean "if you went into a non midi port"?

Yes, you would need to run MIDI out from both brains in order for your computer to recognize all of the pads. How easy or difficult this is depends on whether either of those brains can merge MIDI data. If you can run the MIDI out from one into the in of the other, then the out of the second brain into your Tascam, then, the second brain will take the incoming MIDI data from the first one and combine it with its own outgoing data. Again, whether or not that's a workable solution depends on the brains being able to merge, which not everything can. If the brains have an "out/thru" jack, then that's an easy way to know. Otherwise, you'll just have to look through the manuals or scroll through menus looking for some sort of "merge on/off" option.

3. idunno

idunno SS.org Regular

thanks for the tip! I had no idea that was a possibility, ill check first chance i get.