I'M BACK

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by groph, Sep 16, 2017.

1. groph

groph SS.org Regular

No idea if anyone remembers me, it looks like the last time I've logged on this site was some time in 2012. I've been on a hiatus from guitar for the past 2 years and I'm just getting myself back into it now. I'm surprised my old account still works.

So, has anyone heard of this sweet new piece of gear called the Axe-Fx?
    Does that Bulb fellow still post around here?
    Is djent still a thing?
    Meshuggah's newest album "Koloss" is crushing, has anyone else heard it yet?
    I'm gonna order a Vader cab!
    WHAT YEAR IS IT

For those of you who don't know me/couldn't remember me to save your life, I used to post on here pretty actively for 3 or 4 years. I used to have an Ibanez RG7321 that I sold ages ago. I blew the dust off of my Jackson DKMGT a few weeks ago, gave it to my friend who cleaned it up and set it up for me, and now I'm fighting the uphill battle of getting my skills back up to where they were. Which wasn't a terribly high level. This time around, I want to take playing a little more seriously and maybe a year or so down the road I can pick up a new 7 string and join the club again. As of now, I don't have any extended range instruments. The new Ibanez RGA series look too good to pass up, though. There is SO. MUCH. NEW. GEAR. since I've been gone.

My rig is pretty bare-bones, just a Peavey Bandit 112 with no pedals. I bought a Boss Katana Mini 2 weeks ago and I'll be using that since it sounds fucking awesome and it has a headphone jack. No reason for me to have something as large as even the Bandit at the moment. My guitar is a 6 string Jackson DKMGT with EMGs. That's it. I'm going to be getting an ESP/LTD EC-256 pretty soon, probably for a Christmas gift to myself.

My playlists these days include a lot of Killswitch Engage, Baroness, Dimmu Borgir, The Acacia Strain (Gravebloom is incredible), Fear Factory, Nails, Watain, Artificial Brain, and Dying Fetus. I'm mostly into most subgenres of metal, primarily death metal, with some hardcore mixed in and a lllllot of electronic stuff, be it house or synth pop.

So, that's me. I'm back, and I've got lots of stuff to learn before I'm all caught up.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  2. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

i remember ya bud...good to have you back!

what 7 do you plan on getting when the time comes?

3. groph

groph SS.org Regular

There's a name I haven't heard in a long while.

If I keep at it, I think I might be able to justify one of these: [​IMG]

4. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

5. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred MIW Creature

Welcome back

6. Tom Sklenar

Tom Sklenar SS.org Regular

I am new here, so I donĀ“t remember you. Welcome to the forum!