If legend of zelda was real...

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by soliloquy, Dec 15, 2010.

1. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

Agreed. I'm still so pissed at ign for completely dashing my hopes. They (ie hollywood) can make the fuck outta superhero movies, but even after all these years they still can't make a single Zelda movie? Life really is not fair. :squint:

2. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

All I have to say is this...

[​IMG]

3. Saber_777

Saber_777 ///M

First comment of 20 hours ago is "They're coming out with Zelda HD that was confirmed. They haven't said when you're releasing it but I know for sure that is coming out. :D I hope they remake the old games. I was crying watching how glorious this was...Zelda will forever be the best line of games ever." I have hopes!

4. The 1

The 1 SS.org Regular

:spock: holy shit i just found out about this Wii U... I've really been out of the loop

5. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

6. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

be glad that a movie hasn't been made based on zelda. i highly doubt that they would make a movie with a LOTR budget based on zelda. with that said, they will probably pick some silly actor like michael cera to play link and make the movie raunchy.

when has hollywood ever done justice to the original series in any way shape or form?

7. tacotiklah

I think if the right director, the right budget, and the right actors came together, they could make an AWESOME movie based on something like Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. I mean the storyline is so epic in and of itself that it seems like all that's really required is the budget/casting/location/performance logistics. I guess I'm optimistic that a great movie can be made out of this. But you guys are right, history has shown that movies based on games don't really do so hot. I will say that I did like the mortal kombat movies though. :D

8. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

/\ well, its not just games to movies. its also books to movies.

with that said, casting link wouldn't be too hard actually. you just need someone who looks the part. link doesn't talk at all other than random grunts here and there. at the same time, other than majoras mask, you never see any character development of link in ANY of the games.

and at the same time...i'm not sure what kind of story would progress in the movie, if it were to happen. the entire zelda series is one big mission after another. i mean, think about it, link wakes up, is summoned by something, from there, he has to go through several dungeons, grab tons of items, tons of side quests (or lack of if its wind waker), only to have a final show down with whoever is at the end.

majoras mask may translate a bit better into a movie as theres more depth and character development going on there.

9. tacotiklah

That's what I was thinking. The main logistical problem is how do you incorporate like 8 dungeons into one movie without making it seem like a playthrough of the game, but at the same time avoid disappointing fans?

I also agree with MM. Granted I like OoT more, but MM has a much more in depth character interaction that would lend itself better to a movie.

10. Saber_777

Saber_777 ///M

11. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular