If legend of zelda was real...

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by soliloquy, Dec 15, 2010.

1. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

another take from the pokemon theme we had a while ago...
    i'm sure zelda fans are already familiar with that april fools video made by IGN a few years ago:
    [​IMG]

well, apparently some fan on facebook is making a fan made movie on zelda. here are some random clips from is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is just fan inspired art. we have seen the cartoon link. the 8-bit link. the child link. the adult link. the farmer link...and now we see the old-OLD link:
    [​IMG]

its odd. i always wondered why they never made a dark or a light link. i suggested this idea to nintendo a while back to allow link to wear all black and all white clothes to introduce an evil/light side to link which never was present before...but heres dark link. i guess this is a take on 'shadow link' from OOT water temple:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i mean think about it...the Lord Of The Rings movies were possible. a large part of the first movie was taking place with the elves in the enchanted woods. link has elvish ears, and i'm sure they can pull something similar
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

Link could be cuter in that first pic.

3. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

4. xmetalhead69

xmetalhead69 Unexpected Ally

I would pay untold amounts of money if they remade Ocarina of Time using the graphics and combat system from Twilight Princess.

5. Xiphos68

Xiphos68 SS.org Regular

Cool! The fan made movie doesn't look bad as far as graphic goes!
    Hopefully it'll be really cool.

Thanks for posting.
    :)

6. theo

theo Got Hype(machine)?

hylian hookers.... drooooool ;p

7. FretWizard88

FretWizard88 SS.org Regular

This makes me want to break out A Link to The Past. That is still by far my favorite video game of the series.

8. Meatbucket

Meatbucket The Minotaur

Sevenstring.org I thank everyone in this thread for you have finally filled the void of "Which game do I play now?"
    I think I'll dig out my N64 and kick Ocarina of Time's ass for the umpteenth time. I'll do it like this: no extra hearts, no heart booster, only wearing iron boots and I won't put pants during play time...in real life.

meisterjager likes this.
  9. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! :eek:

10. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

This has got to be one of my favorite non-gear-related threads in this site! :lol: I really need to watch that new fan-made movie. It looks like it's going to be good! I also agree that this movie is totally doable. If they made Lord of The Rings, Harry Potter, and Transformers look good, they can do this movie in a breeze and make it amazing. For some reason, I'd like to watch a version of a Zelda movie that would follow the Twilight Princess storyline... It would be so brutal :bowdown:

Oh, and by the way, there IS a Zelda fan-made movie out. It's made by some British people (I think... At least, they have British accents). It's extremely shitty (so shit that it's funny and so bad that it's good). However, being the Zelda fanwhore that I am, I can't help but love it. Search for it, it's called "The Hero Of Time", totally worth the watch ;)

I love you for saying that. It would be my favorite game ever created. Along with Twilight Princess, of course :lol: I still can't get over its gameplay and the whole storyline.

Try collecting every single item in the game in the least time possible, it's always fun to do haha! Golden Skulltulas included... Still without your pants on :lol: That should be interesting :lol:

11. Meatbucket

Meatbucket The Minotaur

By golly, you're onto something!

12. Alberto7

Sorry :lol: I tend to get overly excited when it comes to Zelda and/or Metroid. A few other classics too, but those are the two main ones haha!

13. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Has anyone ever beaten the original Legend of Zelda - Second Quest? I always got too frustrated on the screens with the umpteen ironknuckles and gave up, but now I'm wondering what happens at the end of the second quest.

If Nintendo made a crappy Mario movie, why not a Zelda movie? ... On second thought, nearly every video game related movie I've ever seen has been pretty lame...

14. MusicMetalHead

MusicMetalHead P4

@soliloquy dark link has actually been a recurring theme in the zelda series. oot had the shadow link in the water temple. many of the other games have had them too. even the latest twilight princess kinda did, although that was the same character in a differant form instead of an evil version you have too defeat, but the concept is similar.

15. Meatbucket

Meatbucket The Minotaur

The Mortal Kombat movies are awesome for that very same reason.

16. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

the new mortal kombat movie coming out in 2011 or 2012 looks kick ass though.

and as much as i HATE him, the movie based on DOOM was pretty well made. i say well made coz they did an awesome job with the graphics...

also, for those who are interested in the zelda series but want to try somehting different but similar, try grabbing ICO and shadows of colossus. heres a screen play from SOC:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Meatbucket

Meatbucket The Minotaur

SoC is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EPPPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

18. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

OOT is my favorite game ever made. I heartily fucking approve of this thread! :yesway::metal::metal:

I'm such a fanboy that I would beat up schoolkids for money to see a movie of this storyline (preferably the OOT storyline).

And I think that Hyrulian Hookers meme is now my new desktop background. :lol:

19. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

Mine too, although I enjoyed Twilight princess a lot, and am really looking forward to the new addition.

Those are pretty much my 2 also, although I still have a soft spot for Mario and old platformers in general.. I need to play Other M badly.

In 3rd year of Uni my friend found an original NES back home and brought it, we beat second quest... but it took a long time, and a lot of bombs. One dungeon you have to walk through invisible doors and everything. It was ridiculous.

20. Alberto7

Oh yes, I got a soft spot for those, as well. Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2... And many others!
    Also some old RPG's. Super Mario RPG is one of my top favorites of all time, too :)... I was close to getting Other M not so long ago, but decided I'd invest on a CrunchLab 7 for my Carvin instead... Although I have a feeling I will regret that decision :lol: