FS Ibanez UV7BK Universe Silver Dot UV7SBK (UK)

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by metalfiend666, Jun 5, 2017.

1. metalfiend666

metalfiend666 - Forum MVP

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:
    This an original Japanese made Ibanez UV7BK Universe “silver dot”, not the Indonesian reissue junk. This one is a 97 as that was the only year these were made. It's in decent condition for a guitar over 20 years old, but definitely a "player" and not a collector’s piece. I'm the 4th of my friend group to own this guitar, one of them imported it in the early 2000's and it passed through the hands of two others before I bought it last year.

American Basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, Lo-Pro Edge 7 trem, Dimarzio Blaze pickups make up the spec.

Generally the guitar is in good shape, but it has got some paint chips to the body which have been painted over by a previous owner. The trem looks gnarly, but is absolutely 100% functional. The trem arm was missing when I bought it, and on trying the arm from my other Universe in it I found the arm holder was extremely worn, so I swapped it for a genuine OFR arm and arm holder. This is a HUGE upgrade over the Lo-Pro arm. There's a pick holder stuck to the back of the headstock (which also has some really nice flame figure to it).

This is a fantastic playing guitar, the better player of the two Universes I've owned for the last year (I also had a green dot), by a hair. They really are only going because neither of them cut it sound wise in my band (they're too smooth/prog for what I’m after), and I need to sell them to fund buying something that does. I really, really wish I could afford to keep them, but there we are.

Modifications (if any): Swapped arm holder for a genuine OFR one, pick holder on back of headstock.

Accessories: Hard case & trem arm.

International OK? : Possibly. Postage will be extra.

Contact Info: PM here

References: jamescater1 on eBay, James (one of the mods) at metalguitarist.org

Price: £1000 OBO. Postage in the UK is included in the price, outside the UK is extra.

Pictures:

Photobucket's borked the alignment on my photos. Doens't matter what I do, they're staying like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]