FT Ibanez UV7BK (1996?)

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by Ketzer, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Ketzer

Ketzer Good news, everyone!

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: This is my beloved UV7BK. Good to fair condition. I've tried to document the surface imperfections in the photos. I was sold this thinking it was a 1992, but it turns out it has one of the "250k" neckplates, which were put on UVs and Jems in 1995/1996, so I assume it's from that era. The hardware is Cosmo Black, and could do with a polish.

I will restring and clean up the frets prior to shipping. I have the cavity cover and the truss rod cover, but they are not attached in the photos.

This guitar has been owned by at least two other ss.org members, kmanick and Toupatroopa.

Modifications (if any):
    The bridge pickup has been replaced with a Bareknuckle Miracle Man, and the Neck pickup has been replaced with something else -- not sure what it is, except that it's not the original Blaze and is a Dimarzio of some kind. The original knobs were missing when I bought this axe, but I got replacements designed for the UV70P.

Accessories (hardshell case etc): Original Hardshell case with broken lock included -- burgundy interior.

Location (City,State or City,Country): Philadelphia, PA

International OK? : No. (Thanks CITES)

Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM here.

References (eBay or other forum userid): iTrader

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): Ideally I'd like to trade for an Axe-FX II or Axe-FX II XL -- Outright purchase for $1500 shipped.

Pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/FGvfCkV

2. Ketzer

bump! got several offers, nothing concrete yet -- I am not really interested in any guitars, unless they're a USA Soloist, '90s Soloist Pro, (or something very similar to one of those guitars), an Alpine White Gibson Flying V with an ebony fretboard, or anything with a Crackle finish. Feel free to send whatever offers my way, though.

3. Ketzer

I've been getting several messages from people telling me that this is a '92 because the serial starts with 2, or that someone has replaced the neckplate with a different one because this one doesn't have the Universe logo stamped on it.

I made the determination that it's a late-run, '95 or '96, based on this information from Ibanezrules:

I consider Rich to be the ultimate authority on Ibanez guitars, and see no reason to disbelieve what he says.

4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Just about everything points to this being a 96'.

There were no UVs built in 95'. The plate makes it very, very unlikely to be a 94'.

Either way, no way this is a 92'. Ignore anyone who brings up serial numbers, the UVs didn't get regular serialization until 98'.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Ibanez only started adding the "CE" stickers in the late 90's, around 96', for full compliance by 97'/98'.

AxeHappy likes this.
  5. Ketzer

price drop $1400

6. Ketzer

7. Ketzer

price drop $1300