Ibanez SRC6 Crossover 6-String Question

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by Carl Kolchak, Nov 2, 2014.

1. alwaysnew

alwaysnew SS.org Regular

ixlramp, very interesting! Thank you.

Another question: since the SRC6 has passive pickups, will they still work fine if there is no battery? I guess the EQ won't work but will the guitar sound OK?

2. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

I think he wasnt reffering to the fret "fret" size, like the metal part of it. But rather the space between two frets. Due to the 30" scale its harder to do traditionally chrods as the frets are further appart

Like any other bass with active EQ, it wont work without the battery. Having say that, the batery last a good year(or more), as long as you remember to un-plug the cable after playing. Plus Ibanez has an easy quick compartement for the battery on the back, so I dont get the issue with it?. Just put all the knobs on the +0- position, or use the EQ to color your tone better

3. John redell

John redell SS.org Regular

If anyone is still looking for an HSC for this bass, the Fender Mustang Bass case is nearly a perfect fit. It's only a couple of inches too long and does require a little added padding to help support/cradle the neck, but the interior width is perfect. In comoarison, the Gator GW-JAG case mentioned above is too wide and bulky.

Unfortunately, the Mustang case is overpriced new, but used or during a big-box discount sale would be a bit more reasonable. I was lucky enough to get one heavily discounted when I bought a MIJ Mustang Bass RI a few years ago. That bass now resides in a different (ESP) case, so my new SRC6 has a home.