Ibanez RGIF7 - Periphery cover (Flatline, instrumental)

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by owenmakesstuff, Apr 1, 2017.

1. owenmakesstuff

owenmakesstuff SS.org Regular

I wanted to show off my Ibanez a bit, heh, and I recorded this a couple of months ago along with my friend who did the video editing and recording (he also uploaded it), so it's a good way to show it off. He kiiiiinda messed up not getting the video right over the music when the ambient stuff kicks in so don't mind that. All in all this worked out well. I love this guitar so much. In case anyone is wondering, I also used a Neunaber Seraphim pedal for the layer parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yau8dSxp6h4

Enjoy! I know there are a lot of covers out there by this band but they make it so easy by offering the producer packs :)

M3CHK1LLA and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  2. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

great looking guitar

nice playing too

3. Selkoid

Selkoid SS.org Regular

Great cover, what's the full signal chain? How are you liking the RGIF7? I've been considering picking one up and this cover certainly isn't helping my GAS...

4. owenmakesstuff

Hah, I couldn't help myself when I saw it myself. I love it. I mean, I gave €1000 for it, it was my first seven-string, the fanned frets and specs offer a great deal of playability, nice tone because of the EMG's, etc. Thanks for kind words on the cover ^^

The full chain I use is this: RGIF7 => SD Vise Grip compressor => Boss NS-2 => Ibanez Tube Screamer (mini) => ISP Decimator => Neunaber Seraphim Shimmer => Engl Screamer50. Recorded with an SM57 into a Scarlett 2i4 and then into Reaper. I mainly use FabFilter Q2 on distortion guitars, very little saturation, a bit of limiting, minor compressing here and there,...

Ironically, I have a couple of really good cabs and heads but the Engl seems to work better every time for the proggy stuff. The guitar in itself works really well on just about anything though lol.

5. gujukal

gujukal SS.org Regular

The tone is a bit muddy, but the playing is great :) I won a RGIM8HM which is the 8-string updated version. Hope it plays nice!

6. owenmakesstuff

Did you think so? I found the muddiness primarily came from getting used to an extra string for me. Sounds pretty crisp to my ears now but I'm sure different pickups help :)

7. Matt08642

Matt08642 SS.org Regular

Awesome playing man