Ibanez RGD421 BKF. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Moonfridge, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Moonfridge

Moonfridge SS.org Regular

Hey guys,

Thinking of buying the new 2012 Ibanez model the RGD421 BKF. I'm a looking to trade in my Lag Arkane (don't get on with the floating bridge) for something and this has tempted me the most so far. It seems to be a pretty reasonable price which is good because I can't afford anything too expensive at the moment (learning to drive etc).

Has anybody had any experience with it or maybe even the RGD321 model? I'm hoping to get to try it out before I buy, but just in case I can't, I would appreciate some opinions on it.

Cheers in advance for any feedback :wavey:

- Alex

2. shred-o-holic

shred-o-holic SS.org Regular

I just bought an RGD 321 neck on ebay and paired it with a cheap RG321 MHE (Mahogany) body that I also bought off Ebay. I paid less than $200 for the pair. The RGD neck to me has this snappiness to it . It is cheap but fun.....I think they are cool......I have also played the production RGD 321 and I do like that guitar and it's looks but for me I am not a fan of Basswood which inspired the mahogany project guitar. It's a nice setup.....I guess I'm rambling....bottom line I like the neck on that model lol......great value and playability in a lower line guitar.....snappy...bright and clear sounding....

Moonfridge likes this.