Ibanez RG1570MRR

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by Donnie, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Pauly

Pauly Not so local lefty

I have the lefty version in Mirage Blue, it's funny how much the colour can change with light, it looks black at the moment, but give it some sunlight and...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Donnie

Donnie Forum MVP

How's the finish on yours? Is it bumpy around the edges?

3. jtm45

jtm45 SS.org Regular

I bought a black '04 RG1570 when they first came out and the finish was probably the best thing about it (i think it just looked real sleek 'cause it was real glossy black).
    It was the actual technical issues with mine that sucked.
    I didn't like the EP trem at all. Did a full and meticulous set-up job on it about 50 times (slight exaggeration)but i just couldn't get it sorted.
    It was one of those guitars that seems impossible to get the action low enough without having unacceptable fret-buzz. To get one thing just right you had to compromise another.
    The piece of rosewood they used for the fretboard was bottom of the pile stuff too.Loads of open/end grain and no colour to it.

I was really dissapointed because it looked gorgeous but i just couldn't live with it.
    Unfortunately i convinced myself otherwise until i'd had it too long to send it back so i had to ebay it in the end.It just had to go.:agreed:

Since then i've always bought pre-Edge Pro era Ibanez guitars and they seem to be in a different class altogether.

I've always told myself that i just bought a bad 'un but maybe not.Maybe that's just how they are these days.

4. Donnie

Donnie Forum MVP

Ok, something is seriously wrong with this guitar. I'm no slouch when it comes to fully floating trems and I just spent 3 hours trying to get a set of 10s to work on this damn thing. No matter what I do, I cannot get the thing up to standard pitch. :mad: Maybe the trem posts are fucked up or something. When I bought that RG1527 a few years ago, it worked like it should. This thing is a lemon. :noway:

5. Ken

Ken Forum MVP

I was about to congratulate you on your latest acquisition, but I will instead think happy thoughts about a resolution to this dilemma. :)

6. Donnie

Donnie Forum MVP

:D
    Maybe I'll try a different set of springs or something.
    It sucks since I really kind of like the guitar. :(

7. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

Donnie, I seriously recommend picking up an RG3120. Much nicer than these. They came with nice flame tops, came with DiMarzio Tone Zone/Air Nortons (or Paf Pros, I forget), and were just made a lot better IMO. You can find those for around $600-700 nowadays.

8. Michael

Michael Forum MVP

Nice guitar, Donnie. :metal:

9. Allen Garrow

Allen Garrow Famous Beaver Hunter

Those are the shit man! Congrats. Those are some great pics too. I want one of each, the MRB is bad ass as well. Dimarzio breeds would sound awesome in that thing! Maybe a blue velvet for the single.

Congrats bro!
    ~A

10. Pauly

Pauly Not so local lefty

Nope. It also stays in tune ok, hopefully it'll stay more stable when the EP locking stud mod I bought from IbanezRules is installed.

11. rogue

rogue metal is forever

those colours are awsome

12. Pauly

Pauly Not so local lefty

I like it more because 99% of the time, lefty guitars = black, so I'm eternally grateful to own a stock Ibanez that has some colour to it.