Ibanez GRG7221M Light Blue Maple Neck, cheap but fun ?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Rocks256, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Rocks256

Rocks256 SS.org Regular

Ok, im a Schecter fan by a mile , so i do also Love Jackson/Fender but this came random click.

http://www.ibanez.com/products/u_eg...8&cat_id=1&series_id=9&data_id=266&color=CL01

How are Ibanez GIO 6 and 7 String nowadays? I have had Gio before with some sort of PSDN? pickups and couldn't stand it. Was playable. The 7 string i have mentioned in the link seem to be lowest tier of Ibanez but it has Infinity pickups which are quite fine for the 200$ price?

What do you think of GIO 7 strings? I don't need 7 string but if it is just 200$...

Last thing, why the hell couldn't they make it 26"5 scale lenght like Schecter or Jackson does. :p

2. cardinal

cardinal Strat 7 Guy

I’ve played some of the recent GIOs and thought they were fine. Even with a $100 set aside for a pro fret level, it still seems like a great deal for a fun Maple-board Ibanez 7.

odibrom and Rocks256 like this.
  3. odibrom

odibrom .

that scale length is for the RGD models...

The Gio, should be fine, swap some things around (pickups, tuners, nut, pots) and you'll be good to go. Not sure how the frets will be, but at that price range one shouldn't ask for much. What one saves on more expensive models (QC), will have to spend latter on fret leveling, etc....

I have a Mikro for my kids and these are exceptionally good for the price...

Rocks256 likes this.
  4. Rocks256

Rocks256 SS.org Regular

Okay one small change , price is 200$ to 225 $, guitar is from namm 2018 and will arrive in stores March 2018 for US, Europe May 2018.

I agree about RGD, but 26.5 is much better for 7. I am not certenialy sure about regular lenght for low B or A

5. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

That's tasty as fuck. What a beautiful nugget! Perfect project guitar.

Rocks256 likes this.
  6. Rocks256

Rocks256 SS.org Regular

They could at least make it Rg7421 quality with Quantums and 26'5. I would buy it maybe, but i rather have Archtop.

7. zarg

zarg guitar nerd

I had a GIO once and sadly it had a bit of fretsprout. other than that it was great! I had a couple of sevens when I first got into playing a seven string and everytime the scale was more than 25.5, I didn't like the feel of it. So I have a 7 with 25.5" and its great, although I don't go lower than Drop A#. If you just want a workhorse 7 that is very solid for the money, the LTD M-17 might be worth a look. I got one and I was very surprised about how well it plays. The JS22-7 from Jackson is also really good for the price.

8. Rocks256

Rocks256 SS.org Regular

Wondering,its gio. Lets wait for videos

9. btbg

btbg SS.org Regular

Clearly you missed the entire point of the gio line.

Want rg7421 “quality”? Pay for an RG7421.

10. goobaba

goobaba SS.org Regular

I have a GIO mikro and its a fun little guitar but just set your expectations straight, it will not have the same quality of work as a more expensive Ibanez.