Ibanez fixed bridge replacement

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Sogradde, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Sogradde

Sogradde SS.org Regular

I hope this is the right sub forum but technically this is about modifications sooo...

I'm looking to replace the bridge on my fixed bridge Ibanez (Gibraltar Standard II bridge) but I want the saddles to have a different color than the base plate. So far, no shop would allow for mix & match, so I'd have to buy two bridges.
    Does anyone happen to know if there's a shop offering saddles with the same measurements as the bridge posted above? That would be a way to save some costs I suppose.

Otherwise I'm open for suggestions.

Cheers!

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Unfortunately the Gibraltar Standard II, like almost all Ibanez fixed bridges, ships as a single unit (base plate, saddles, intonation screws and height screws) in a package. There are no part order numbers for just the saddles. You'd have to find a dealer willing to sit on the spares.

Your best bet would probably be to call around to see if any shops already have the parts in inventory and see if they'd be willing to work something out. Another option would be to try and reach out to folks on Reverb and eBay who are selling the whole unit, they might be more flexible.

3. Dcm81

Dcm81 SS.org Regular

4. Sogradde

Sogradde SS.org Regular

Germany is pretty backwards when it comes to guitars. All the stores mostly carry TOMs or non-locking trems if any replacement parts at all.
    I was hoping to find a shop (overseas) selling single saddles that would fit on a Gibraltar but I don't know the measurements.
    Unfortunately those are trem saddles (yes all of them and yes, it's silly).

5. snowblind56

snowblind56 SS.org Regular

Hipshot makes their Gibralter replacement bridge. Will they do different color saddles?

6. Dcm81

Dcm81 SS.org Regular

WTF?!? That is more than just silly! I didn't even bother looking through as they have 4 pages of them I assumed ALL saddles would be there....

7. Sogradde

Sogradde SS.org Regular

I know they offer those "oldschool" hardtail bridges for 7-strings with black baseplate and gold saddles but so far I've received no answer from them. I suppose they don't want dirty german money.

IKR :shrug: