Ibanez Artwood Vintage Thermo Aged

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by ImNotAhab, Jun 15, 2016.

1. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

"Well known for offering historically inspired acoustic instruments at affordable prices, the Ibanez Artwood Vintage line now introduces “Thermo Aged” guitars to their offerings. "Thermo Aged" refers to a precision baking process known as torrefaction. That process draws moisture from wood, which is similar to the natural effects of time. The result is a guitar that SOUNDS like a vintage instrument—fuller bodied, with stronger highs and lows. "

Ibanez Introduces Artwood Vintage Thermo Aged Acoustics | Premier Guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyv2QAdkv6U

Interesting but I'm sceptical. I have read bits here and there about research into try to emulate the effect that age seems to have on woods for guitars and violin but have never seemed to be adopted. Ibanez in fairness always seem to try new things with a mixed track record but with acoustics never being their most notable aspect my inner cynic is flaring up.

2. sezna

sezna undermotivated

Isn't that what Martin does with some of their guitars? I heard about it in an interview. It is a well known process.

an explanation.

Supposedly it works quite well.