Ibanez APEX 2 eBay Mystery, and my FIRST SEVEN STRING!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by MikeyV311, Nov 9, 2017.

What are the chances that you think I can figure out the story behind her are?

1. You know enough already, just enjoy what you got, and be glad you got it!

100.0%
  2. Don't go digging where you shouldn't. Somebody loved that guitar and had to take a big hit.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dig until you cannot dig anymore! Time is of NO OBJECT!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. You lucky bastard. STFU.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MikeyV311

MikeyV311 SS.org Regular

Hello!
    My name is Mike, I'm from New Haven, CT, been playing guitar for about 21 years. I was browsing the e(vil)Bay and came across something I couldn't pass up... An Ibanez APEX 2, PERFECT CONDITION, Ibanez Hardshell Case, with Strap-Locks, Band Signatures on the back, a Bare Knuckles Pickups with Zebra coloring (still trying to figure out the model) swapped into the bridge position, and also of

INTERESTING NOTE(s):

-Frets 13-24 have been removed! (This is probably why I got such a great deal on this piece... not going to state exact numbers, let's just say it was under a half-grand, OK?)
    -Stock Dimarzio PAF-7 Model 957 Bridge PU swapped for a BARE KNUCKLES
    pickup! (Have no idea which model, but don't really care BC it is the BEST sounding pickup I've ever test-driven!
    -4 Signatures which look to be from KoRn on the back of the guitar!
    -I have no idea where this guitar came from, but it's MAGICAL! I MUST find out her story!

I couldn't be happier, I have been looking to move to a 7 for YEARS... (KoRn is one of the bands that initially inspired me to start playing guitar ) but I just couldn't seem to find a model that "fit" in my local stores... I am the type of person who usually MUST see what I am buying in person before I pick it up. Especially when it comes to precious instruments/tools/etc.

This will also be my first time signing up for a Guitar Forum that focuses on 7-Strings, and ends in ORG! (you don't even know how happy that makes me....)

OK I'm rambling. I just need to figure out the "story" behind this JEM, (may i use that word in a non-JEM related posting? They do make 7-string JEMs!!) and tell this great community how excited I am to have my "zest" for playing brought back by a magical gift which was found at the right time, right place, right seller, right buyer, right setting. =) I will link pictures upon request.
    -MV

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  2. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

congrats and welcome to sso

now let's see some pics