I need some advice about my 1527...

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by 7 Strings of Hate, Nov 8, 2007.

1. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

hey there guys, first off, if it helps, i can get pics posted but i think this is fairly straight foward, but i had to replace a locking nut on my 1527, its the right size, but the holes that the screws go into to mount it arnt lined up, the nut is shifted a tad to the b string side, not too much, but definatly noticable, i was thinking about filling the holes with dowel rods and some kind of glue, is that a plausable idea or will i be weaking my neck so much that its not worth it, the alternatives are keep it as is(which i dont really want to do) or buy a new ibanez locking nut and i'm not paying 90 fuckin dollars from that ibanez rules guy, thats a joke! so give me some advice, i dont get why the holes are shifted but, anyway, let me know

2. Pirelli

Pirelli SS.org Regular

Your idea sounds like it should work. With some dowel and good glue I doubt it would affect the structural integrity of the neck.

What about drilling/filing the holes on the nut so you can move it across a bit?

7 Strings of Hate likes this.
  3. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

i had actually thought of that but i wasnt sure if that would work well, i guess it would be a more attractive option, if i fuck that up i can grab another one for 20 bucks, hmmm, rep for pirelli :)

4. supertruper1988

supertruper1988 SS.org Regular

Filling the holes will not hurt you guitar in any way.

5. yevetz

yevetz I am a COCK!!!!!!!!! Contributor

If I was you so I'm just buy original Ibanez nut. But I think just regular swirling of the nut will help but don't forget to make a carving. But, Chris, think about that for 90$ you can put your ass out of pain.

Good luck :D

6. ibznorange

ibznorange Chief Officer/RHLC © Contributor

nuts do this in general. screw it in like 2/3, and adjust it then, and then tighten it. you can usually get a few mm of play that way, 3 or 4 in either direction