i made a chill EP for fun

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by pastanator, Jul 25, 2018.

1. pastanator

pastanator SS.org Regular

and i used a bunch of instrument sounds ive never mixed before until now, which turned out to be pretty fun

https://ohnomyonlyweakness.bandcamp.com/album/forget-ep

drums are sl drums 3 and rvk 808 by beatmaker
    electric piano is atmos, also by beatmaker
    the choirs, acoustic guitars, all basses, all synth sounds, strings, sitar, panflutes, theremin, and any other odd instrument are xpand 2 by AIR, which came bundled with my M Audio Oxygen 49 midi keyboard and sounds amazing

any comments/criticisms on the mixes? i know the open hi hat at the beginning of promises is kind of harsh(and despite being labeled as an open hat it sounds more like a china to me) but that is the least harsh i could get it

Santuzzo likes this.
  2. Santuzzo

Santuzzo SS.org Regular

very nice! I like it a lot.
    I like the guitar sound on the first track. what did you use for the guitar on that track?

3. pastanator

pastanator SS.org Regular

I completely forgot to mention what i used guitar wise lol that first song is my jackson js22-7 with blackouts into a pod hd300 using the signal chain screamer(which maybe might not have been on for that song?) -> slo crunch - xxl 412 -> 57(I don’t remember whether it was on or off axis)

the guitars on promises and forget are the Jackson and the other two are a friends American tele into the same pod tone

Santuzzo likes this.