I like healthy food, but I like junk moar.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by kazzie, Jun 18, 2014.

1. kazzie

kazzie unicorn smile

HEY GUYZ,

So, I've been off Energy Drinks for a week. I work about 12 hours a day on a computer, so I need to stay up and awake. I switched to tea, and that bitch is good.

Problem is also that I just don't take the time to make food. I don't care much for food, unless it's the McGriddle. That shit is delicious. I like chocolate, gatorade, cheese and more cheese.

Obviously, this means I'm gaining weight and it's no good. I have about 15-20 lbs to lose.

How do I go about it? I don't have much time to work out, but I walk a lot.
    Tonight I'm having chicken, asparaguy and some rice.
    I will try my best not to make AMAZING CHOCOLATE ....ING PANCAKES.

halp

2. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Obviously, you should start taking the time to make food. If you're unwilling to change that stuff, you'll either not lose the weight or gain it back in no time. There's no real secret to it, it's eat better and moving a little more probably wouldn't hurt.

And almost everyone prefers junk food. It tastes great and is satisfying, although only for a short amount of time.

3. Emil357

Emil357 SS.org Regular

Try to eat less and also of course eat healthier. Eating healthier doesn't mean spending lots of time making food. Eat veggies and in case you want some meat, go for teh chickenz or some tuna or whatever.

At first it's hard, but once you're through that rough starving period, it's all good and you'll loose those extra pounds.

4. danpluso

danpluso SS.org Regular

Eat food as if it's a chore! Skipping meals is very bad for your metabolism.
    Exercise is overrated when it comes to losing weight. A proper diet is going to affect your weight a lot more than exercising. The most weight I ever lost was during a time I didn't exercise at all but ate extremely healthy.

A lot of people think they eat healthy but they really aren't. For example, your dinner sounds good but is your chicken breaded? Is there sugar in the sauces you are using? Do you keep the rice portion fairly small? If you are serious about dropping some lbs, I say cut out sugar 100%. I'll warn you now, it's a lot harder than most people initially think. Sugar is hidden in everything!! Want to take it a step further? Cut out close to all carbs. I lost 65lbs doing this. No sugar and only 20g of carbs from vegetables. Atkins is the most popular form of this diet but there are tons of variations out there.

Good luck man, in the end the junk food is hardly worth it. You will feel much healthier and have more energy without the crap. Not to mention, sugar apparently feeds tumors and helps cancer grow.

Also, if you are busy and on the go. Canned tuna or salmon is wonderful. Kipper snacks are dam good too. Just get the ones without sugar in them. Or some sugar free sausage with a bit of cheese.

5. Grindspine

Grindspine likes pointy things

Swap out the Gatorade.. that stuff is all complex sugar. Try to drop back to water or tea whenever possible. If you really feel like something different, Vitamin Water has some lower calorie alternatives to Gatorade.

If you don't have time to work out during the day, try to do some stretching exercises as you wind down at night. Stretching exercises are low impact enough that you can still sleep after doing them; they do help muscle tone, though you won't notice that until you've been doing them consistently for a few weeks.

6. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

You aren't going to change if you don't do it for yourself. We can sit here and spout out all the helpful shit that you need to get going in the right direction, but none of us are going to be there every minute of every day making sure you do the right thing. With that being said, start cooking. Whatever time you spend on the internet when you get home, take 10 minutes of that, cook some wheat pasta or rice and boil some chicken. Make sure you're eating protein rich foods that are low in fat with moderate carbs. And as it has been said, eat consistently. Every day. Eat breakfast, lunch, mid-afternoon meal, and dinner. Your metabolism will begin to regulate itself once you get on a schedule. And as far as exercise goes, instead of walking, jog. Do some complex stretches (yoga), and basic exercises that you don't need equipment for, such as push-ups (wide and narrow), crunches, body-weight squats, lunges, and if possible, door frame pull-ups.

7. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

While limiting or eliminating sugar is definitely beneficial, you also need to be weary of foods that use sucralose as a replacement sweetener. That shit is just as bad, if not worse than sugar.

8. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Check out foods of different ethnicities. If your diet is anything like mine used to be, it's all British derived white people food. Once I got into Thai, Vietnamese, etc., I could eat all these vegetables I used to hate because of the spices. No more having to load them up with cheese just to make them palatable. And a lot of those foods have little to know carbohydrates - which is markedly different from BDWP food. (That's British Derived White People food, for those following along!)

9. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

But did they have MSG on them to make them palatable?

10. danpluso

danpluso SS.org Regular

Hey, can you link me to some sources? I don't touch anything with added sugar but I do occasionally consume products with sucralose. I thought it was the better sweetener out of the bunch. I only use it in my coffee.

11. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

12. CharliePark

CharliePark SS.org Regular

Hey, you spelt 'more' wrong in the title. Just so you know.

-Charlie

13. broj15

broj15 SS.org Regular

I'm not a fitness guru or anything, but I lost 60 pounds running 2 or 3 miles a day and just eating less of what I already ate (home cooked, but far from healthy), while trying to switch 1 meal a day with a salad. As long as your just wanting to lose weight and not build muscle it mostly just comes down to how many calories you eat vs. how many you burn. And I can say it's easier to just say no to the calories than it is trying to burn them off later.

14. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

Plenty of homemade oriental food, with no MSG, is super tasty. Fish sauce, lime juice, coconut milk, coriander give flavour to anything!

15. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

You should've seen the face I made when I read "fish sauce". :lol:

16. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

17. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

I did basically the same except I'm lazy so instead of switching 1 meal with a salad (which takes time to prep and has a short shelf-life) I ate a yogurt or a granola bar. Zero prep time, little cost, and doesn't go bad within a week.

You can lose tons of weight on junk food, just eat less of it.