I hate when you guys are right....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nitelightboy, Apr 27, 2007.

1. nitelightboy

nitelightboy I poop in shoes.

So recently we had that discussion on how I should be dead by now, or at least in much worse health, based on my lifestyle. Smoking too much, drinking too much soda, etc. I've always been rather healthy and even had a physical recently where everything checked out just fine. My blood pressure's always been a tad high, but so has my dad's. It was about 130/90 when I got my physical.

For a few weeks, I've been getting migraines pretty frequently, though I've had migraines most of my life and have some prescribed medicine for it. It's hereditary, just about every single member of my dad's family suffers from the same migraines. So I didn't really think much of it. Just thought that it was stress and a lack of sleep that was causing them.

Well, for shits and giggles last night I checked my blood pressure on one of those grocery store machines. 174/115. :eek: I figured it must be off, so I went home and checked on the one my dad has and it was 170/105. This morning, it was 175/110. I can't fuckin believe it!! It's never been anywhere near this high before.

So I'm gonna call my doctor's office when they open in about an hour and get myself an appointment ASAP! I need to get on some blood pressure meds and start altering my life style to get myself out of stroke territory. Fuck! This really isn't good. And I hate you all for pointing out the obvious :fawk:

2. JPMDan

JPMDan Scarface

dude when you think about soda, drink water instead, even if you hate drink water only. Fuck soda, thats like ice cream once in awhile only.

3. nitelightboy

Yeah I know. I had just never had any health issues in the past and I've lived this way for a long time. Guess it finally caught up with me. I hate getting older, everything just seems to fall apart on you :lol:

4. Popsyche

Popsyche <b><font color="#66FF22">Beer Sewer</font></b>

I'm living(for now) proof of that! The blood pressure thing could be part hereditary as well. You may have to lay off the caffeine and salt. I say, drink more beer!

5. nitelightboy

I could do that.

6. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Ibanez Goddess

First, props to you Joey in realizing you need to make changes to your current lifestyle habbits: smoking, diet, drinking, etc....it is a first step!

Second, take care of yourself.

JPMDan likes this.
  7. nitelightboy

I do that more than you know :ugh: :rofl:

Jason likes this.
  8. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez SS Contributor

I only drink the blood of virgins and goats. It's done wonders for me!

[​IMG]

9. JPMDan

JPMDan Scarface

I eat small mammals and I look young and have low blood pressure plus it's good for the hands.

10. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Ibanez Goddess

Hahahahahahahah! Didn't see that one coming.:idea:

Oh well...... That's a good one! Wanna a tissue?

11. nitelightboy

Yes please....

12. JPMDan

JPMDan Scarface

Joe lay off of YM's profile picture :rofl:

13. nitelightboy

Sorry YM......it's just that you're such a hottie AND you play 7 strings.......I couldn't help myself :D

14. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org

You don't need meds dude. That's a terrible mindset to get in. Meds are needed when your body can't naturally correct itself.

Your problem is that you lead a VERY unhealthy lifestyle, namely with the outrageous amounts of sugar you take in every day. Skip the meds and start taking care of yourself.

15. noodles

noodles <font color=#FF0000><b>I'm your huckleberry</font>

16. nitelightboy

I don't plan on using meds long term, just to help me get my pressure to a safer level than I'm at while my body begins to take care of itself. I'm not an advocate of taking any kind of meds, but sometimes it's better to have them help while you and your body do what needs to be done on your end. I've already been evaluating my diet and seeing what can be improved as well as looking at my fitness level and starting up what I think is a pretty good fitness plan along with a healthier diet and hopefully enough fear to get my ass to stop smoking. I just don't really want a stroke or heart attack over the next few weeks while my body gets into gear.

17. noodles

noodles <font color=#FF0000><b>I'm your huckleberry</font>

What Chris is getting at is that you don't need them at all. Cut out all the sugar and fatty foods right now, and you'll be amazed at how fast your blood pressure will drop. It will literally start taking effect within days.

Any doctor is going to tell you the same thing. Ask for blood pressure medicine, at your age, and they are going to ask you about your diet right off the bat. I understand that you're freaked out by this, but don't go to the other extreme. Start with diet and exercise.

18. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org

Answer this honestly: Have you had any soda today?

19. nitelightboy

I've never seen blood pressure drop over a few days. A few weeks, yes. My dad recently found out his pressure was scary high also and changed his diet and exercise completely. After about a month, there was absolutly no change so they put him on meds and it dropped immediately and then his body kicked into gear. He quit the meds after about 2 weeks and now he's right on track for someone his age.

20. nitelightboy

Honestly, not yet. It's been water and decaf tea for me since I saw where my pressure was. I've got a splitting headache, no doubt the results of caffeine withdrawl, but I'm not really craving it and at this point, giong 7 hours without a coke is pretty amazing for me, so I just hope I can keep it up.