I got a haircut

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Uncreative123, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Uncreative123

Uncreative123 SS.org Regular

Not a big deal for most people, but this one was over 12 years in the making. I didn't know when I was going to do it, but it was always in the back of my mind. I sought approval from many of my friends (and former longhairs) as well as my band and everyone was on board. I know it will help me place higher in my upcoming competition this weekend so that's also a big plus- though definitely not the only reason I did it.

My biggest struggle was feeling like I was going to lose a certain sense of my individuality and I'm sure to a degree I have, but only time will tell.

I'm donating the 'cut-off' to Locks of Love as anyone who does this should. Anyway, what kind of thread would this be without pics?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Whatever street cred you lose will be more than made up for by the ladies you'll attract. :lol: Seems like most girls like short haired guys.

Also, I don't mean to be picky, and it might be just the angle of the camera, but don't be ignoring those legs! We don't want to see you wind up like those other dudes in the gym with the chicken legs! (And even Arnold lost that one comp because his calves were so tiny.)

3. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Psycho, dont engage

Sellout!

Just kidding

HNHD

Ibzzus likes this.
  4. Pat_tct

Pat_tct SS.org Regular

HNHD man!
    i did the same thing about 6 month ago. short hair are just so much easy to take care of.

5. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Thick. Solid. Tight.

I think it looks rather dapper, and I know you were saying that the long hair was a downside for you in competition (at least I think that's what you were saying), so hopefully this helps in that aspect as well. Looks good. :yesway:

6. The Q

The Q The Engineer

I had to do it when I had to serve in the army for 9 months on 2010. I never bothered growing hair again - too much hassle. Welcome to the new world!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  7. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

Looks good bro!

I went for a similar style when I got mine cut...I don't regret it at all!

8. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I donated about 7 years of hair back when I was in college. But I always wished that Locks for Love would have sent me a picture of some smiling little girl wearing my awesome mane.

9. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

When I cut my hair i felt like i sold-out a bit, mainly because i gained all sorts of social acceptance from people who normally never spoke a word to me.. but my it's easier to care for and people take you a little more seriously.

i like to think im still the long-haired counterculture dude i was in college.

10. vilk

vilk Very Regular

The way I feel is that I'm so metulllll :rocker: inside that I don't need to look like I am.

11. asher

asher So Did We

I look like an unassuming nerd mostly, so I'm gonna go with that too.

12. Uncreative123

Uncreative123 SS.org Regular

haha yeah literally the first thing my friend (who went with me) said was "no homo...but you look really good." I'm kind of over my Pussy Patrol days, but it's a plus for sure. Everyone has been really supportive and digging it. Random people at the gym are coming up to me now just to tell me how good it looks and that it ties everything in together nicely. It did stop and make me think though- were they prejudice towards me in the first place and wouldn't even talk to me because I had long hair? I know when it's a significant change like this for a person it attracts positive attention, and I don't think that was their original initial intent...but at the same time I think their is validity to that thought.

anyway yes, it's the angle of the pic and the jeans I was wearing. My Legs are smaller, but I've definitely got legs. I'll have better shots after my competition this weekend that I'll put up.

13. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear Vendor

Looks great! No homo indeed, but almost every time a guy I've known for years with long hair gets it cut, I think "Hey he's actually pretty hot" :lol:
    I noticed the same thing as you regarding peoples perception of my approchability when I cut my hair.

Interesting point on the competition. Are you doing physique or bodybuilding? I always thought well kept long hair could be a cool unique bonus point (ex. Kai Greene)

14. UnquestionablePresence

UnquestionablePresence SS.org Regular

I got 13+ inches cut off in February. I hadn't had short hair since early elementary school up until that point. I look awful with long hair compared to how I look with short hair. I was bombarded with compliments for a few weeks, and then every now and then somebody who hadn't talked to me in a while would say something about it.

Today, people who didn't know me before I got it chopped off will bring it up out of nowhere after they found me in the yearbook from a year or two ago. I can't escape it. Compliments. Everywhere. I'd prefer it if people would stop bringing it up because it usually leads to me looking at old pictures of myself and cringing :lol:.

I might post the before and after my mom threw together on here sometime, dunno.

Congrats on the cut. Long hair is more of a hassle than it's worth IMO.

15. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

Nice threads, man - you probably feel like you were just handed a chick magnet, eh? That's what a good haircut does.

16. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Good call on the shaved sides, that always makes the shoulders appear wider IMO.
    I've always noticed myself looking just a hair(p.i.) larger right after clipping.

17. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

Always flex for the pic bro! :lol:

18. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk SS.org Regular

Good on you, that's the kind of hair-farming I can get behind. :yesway:

19. Defi

Defi SS.org Regular

I have nightmares of people trying to cut my hair. In my last one I hospitalized three of them with the handle end of a pair of scissors.

Forget penis falling off, teeth falling out, my insecurity manifests solely in losing hair.