I am SAD!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by classicalmetal24, Jun 13, 2013.

1. classicalmetal24

classicalmetal24 SS.org Regular

I am sad because I am forced to work

I am sad because I am forced to study something just to appease fat c*nts

I am sad because I can't play my guitar as much as I want too:(

I am very sad atm because I have come to the realization that I won't get to play my guitar morning to night every day. WHY oh why can I not play my guitar!?!?

All I want to do is sit down and practice, I want to master every scale in existence, I want to master everything theory based, I will master my technique, no song will intimidate me and I will master it because I love guitar.

I don't care about having a girlfriend, don't care for cars and having heaps of money, the only thing I care about is music. I know I'm not the only one who feels like this, I'm sure there are other people who can agree with me.

F*ck this s*it, I just wanna stay at home and learn, play and grow as a musician... Wtf will I do??? My guitar playing will just be a fading memory soon:(

80H likes this.
  2. Zer01

Zer01 SS.org Regular

3. SkapocalypseNow

SkapocalypseNow Coffee Cups?

A place with stuff and things and people. Just kid
    By all technicality, you don't HAVE to appease anyone but yourself. You're your own person, you want to stay at home all day and play guitar? Go ahead and do it, but be prepared to deal with the consequences as with anything else. Or you can do what everyone else does, and make the best of the situation, manage the time you do have to play guitar, and make that time if you have to. If it means something to you, don't let it be a "fading memory."

4. Mike

Mike The Traveler

idk why but this comes to mind when reading your post lol

5. Sonic Anomaly

Sonic Anomaly Sound or Music?

I mean you may not want to hear this, but guitar (moreover music) is not or ever will be the meaning of life... I know just how you feel... and about many more things besides music... but its not the acme of existence... not even close. music is only a conduit for really MEANING (though most music no longer begets this).

by for something more of relevance and application, WHY can you not play guitar, and is there any way you can reiterate your schedule to allow more time for your passion?

6. SamSam

SamSam GAS problems Contributor

Job = more gear...

7. classicalmetal24

I study full time at Uni doing IT, IT requires you to constantly study really to stay on top of latest technologies etc. I don't have a job obviously, I'm 21 and live with my mum and four brothers. So right now I'm studying full time and trying to play guitar as much as possible, some nights I don't even sleep because I want to get extra guitar time... I guess when I finish uni I will have to look for a full time job and balance guitar around it, though I really don't want that but then who does want to work full time, I'm trying not to sound selfish, I know everyone else is in the same boat, I suppose I am speaking for them to atm.

8. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

Man, life/work/schedules is the main reason my electronic project (just me and my singer) have taken years working on our second release. To align all the shit is just a nightmare. I work weekdays, his ass works weekends. I come home at night, have to clean up after my dogs and the wife wants to order food before it gets late and it affects me sitting down to work on music.

If I didn't have to work I would get soooo much more done in so much less time. I barely ever practice or learn new shit these days because the time that I do get is better spent writing with my current abilities.

It sucks, but it's f*cking life man. I'm at least greatful I got into guitar when I was like 17-18 or so, can't recall right now. At least then I did part time jobs and could come home and practice and learn. But life is life. At least with a job I could afford to have a wonderful studio built around me in my "music room", and I DO use it. Just allocate time where you can. At one point I'd kept a cheapo guitar at my last job to practice with on my lunch breaks. Do something like that wherever and whenever you can.

Rev.

9. classicalmetal24

Cool rev, I'm sorry you are unable to release your full potential in the realm of music, god hearing other peoples story just makes me sad. This worlds ....ed.

10. New Age Moron

New Age Moron SS.org Regular

I can sympathise. Hang in there! If you are determined enough, you will achieve your goals.

11. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

12. classicalmetal24

No it's not a bad thing, I would just rather spend that time learning more guitar? Know what I'm saying?

13. DeadWeight

DeadWeight New Age Bogan

I get how you're feeling man, I've been studying hard out the last two weeks and barely had a chance to pick up my guitar, which sucks.

For me it's not about finding time to play, it's about making time to play. Get up half an hour earlier, instead of going outside for 10 minutes to have a smoke, spend that 10 minutes playing through a song or two, take shorter showers, do whatever you can just to get a bit of time. Obviously though, I dunno how intense your job/study is and how much time it consumes, but you can always make a bit of time to play, even if it's only 10 minutes a day.

14. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Haha, I gotcha, man, I'm just giving you a "first world problems" hard time. But believe me - I totally know the feeling. Internet billionaires showing up for work the next day? No thank you! Just give me my billion and me and my guitar will be on our way!

15. classicalmetal24

Ahh fair enough, you're right man, I know some people don't even have the chance to ever pick up an instrument in their life.

16. Noisy Humbucker

Noisy Humbucker Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.

Don't know how old you are, but I'm 34 and though I've been playing for ~17 years I'm just now really fired up to make my own music. Been through a lot of transitions musically, spiritually, physically (developed tinnitus over a year ago and now I focus on my music? Wtf?) and financially (being responsible is so friggin' frustrating, still paying off past "stringed indulgences").

Enjoy it when you can, don't beat yourself up when you're not spending as much time on it as you think you should but don't ever walk away for too long (talking weeks/months here).

EDIT: Point of my boo-hoo was that I'm that old(er) and my ears are jacked up and I'm more excited about music than ever. Go figure :)

17. classicalmetal24

I'm 21, been playing for seven years.

18. GRUNTKOR

GRUNTKOR - GRANKOR

I sadly get little time to sit down and actually practice these days... I cherish it when I do though!

19. 80H

80H Banned

Literally getting called a djent hipster, Californ
    this is the part of the story where you make the sacrifices necessary to earn that life

and if it makes you feel any better, i quit my job in food service because they told me i had to clip my nails or i was suspended until I did. I gave them my two weeks notice and told my manager to his face that I picked guitar over my job. I had NO BACKUP PLAN. I just quit. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I remember saying that I picked my guitar over that job every day of the week. I did not spend years learning how to fingerpick to have it taken away from me by some shitty minimum wage job.

I have been self-employed ever since.

20. classicalmetal24

Way to stick it to the man lol