I am creating a Youtube channel of backing tracks transposed into all 12 keys

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by Camer138, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Camer138

Camer138 SS.org Regular

A common problem guitar players have is not being able to play comfortably in every key. It's easy to have your fret markers guide you around the keys of C, G, maybe D until you become confined in your own little prison. Whenever I was practicing with backing tracks online I always had trouble finding quality tracks in the key I wanted to practice in so I decided I'll make my own darn backing tracks and transpose every last one of them into every key!

I have about 220+ videos made and more in progress, which I will be uploading regularly. I will be covering blues, jazz, funk, rock, one chord vamps, and tracks with the bass removed because you bassists matter too.

If this seems like your cup of tea I would ask you to please subscribe and stay tuned for regular content. It may help you break out of that comfort zone if it plagues you.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTp6EJc80JmsrXQvNBKQNZw

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    ElRay likes this.
  2. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

I used to think this and then realised if I want to play in something other than E minor I just need to tune my guitar down accordingly.

3. Camer138

Camer138 SS.org Regular

LOL

Forgot I was on a metal forum for a second.

4. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

This is the first helpful YouTube channel premise I've seen in a long time.

5. CapnForsaggio

CapnForsaggio Cap'n (general)

How about a channel that is all in the Key of E, but changes the progression for each mode? eh?