Hughes-&-Kettner Warp 7

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by nitelightboy, Jan 5, 2006.

1. nitelightboy

nitelightboy I poop in shoes. Contributor

I've had this amp for several years now, bought it right when they first came out.

Features 7
    Nothing too impressive here. 2 Channels, effects loop, speaker outs, headphone outs. It would be nice to have some direct outs for recording.

Looks 9
    This thing is super sexy! All black vinyl (standard amp covering, think it's vinyl), High gloss front control section, super sweet WARP 7 light on front of amp and pretty nice looking cab,

Usability 9.5
    Super simple to use. It took me a little bit to find "my sound" but it wasn't complicated, just had to mess with the standard EQ, presence, and gain nobs. The effects loop is always active on both channels, it uses a 1 button footswitch to change channels(optional) and is so simple that a trained extraterestrial ferret could operate it.

Sounds 9.5
    Very sweet sounds blast your ears through this beautiful 100 watt head and 4X12 combo. It sounds like it's putting out a lot more power than 100 watts, but I've never checked to be sure. Bedroom levels don't go above 2 on the volume nob and most gigs don't really bring the volume past about 5. The clean is sick. One of the nicest, cleanest cleans I've heard from a solid state amp. It stays clean almost all the way to max volume and sounds great with some light effects like chorus and delay. Switch it over to Warp and grab yer nutz, cause this bad boy will blow em right off. It has some serious crunch to it and can get some very HEAVY high gain distortion sounds without muddying up. It remains articulate and lets you scream through the band with ease. The presence nob really has a huge effect on the overall sound of the amp, which is why it took me a bit to find my sound, but when you find it, god damn it's sweet! I use a tone similar to a Dual Rec, but with a little more definition and punch.

Sweet amp for a great price. Awsome beginner half stack that I still use with my band alongside my Line 6 HD 147. :bowdown:

2. LordOVchaoS

LordOVchaoS NUDE MAN! Forum MVP

I want a Warp X!!!

3. WayneCustom7

WayneCustom7 Paolo Contributor

Had the combo, but I don't anymore...

4. nitelightboy

nitelightboy I poop in shoes. Contributor

I've only played the Warp X like 2 times, but it's NICE!!!!!!! Very sweet, I've heard some people say that it sounds like a Bogner Uberschall, but I've never heard a real one, just the one on my HD 147, so I can't really compare it :bowdown: