Hufschmid Neck True

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by 8stringlover, Sep 6, 2008.

1. 8stringlover

8stringlover Banned

Product: Hufschmid Custom Neckthrough 6 strings
    Posted by 8 string lover with permission of Egan Solo
    Price Paid: UNKNOWN

Features

This guitar was custom made in 2007 by Swiss luthier Patrick Hufschmid in Aigle, in the mountains of Switzerland.
    Patrick builds his guitars completly by himself, all is handmade.
    This guitar features a stunning one piece mahogany, used for the body and neck. The finish is natural and lets the guitar breathe and sound.
    The fretboad is made of dense ebony, 24 frets. Talking about frets, Patrick uses pyramidal frets for better precision. the string retainer and the trussrod cover are made of bloodwood, very nice touch.
    The bridge is a Kahler USA which looks very nice and is pretty reliable. The layout on this guitar is simple: one humbucker and one volume; simple does it. All Hufschmid humbuckers are specialy made by Kent Armstrong. It sounds GREAT. The tuners are Sperzel USA.
    The neckthrough is very well done and gives unparalled confort to play, on this kind of neck it is a pleasure to play even for hours straight...

Sound

If your playing style is Metal, you gotta try a Hufschmid because there are just made for that! What you've got with this guitar is easy playbility and huuuuuuuuge sound!!!
    The fact that there is only one humbucker actualy doesn't make the guitar limited! If you're a good player you can get some nice single tones off this baby depending on where you're playing on the neck and by adjusting the volume.
    As far as sound it is definitely one of this guitar's strongest point; it just sounds better than all other guitars I have!! What do I have or had? Well, mostly everything : D I compared it with my own Parker Fly Deluxe, PRS Custom 22, Patrik Eggle Vienna Pro and it just sounds bigger and reproduces the player's feelings better.

Action, Fit, & Finish

Patrick takes great pride about his guitars being well set-up.
    When I received it the guitar was still brand you and since I don't live in the same area the wood adjusted and the sides of the fret were a bit overlapping the fretboard.
    Not a problem. When the "newborn" period was over I went to Patick's workshop and he fixed it for free. Now the guitar plays like a dream.
    The rest of the setup is perfect.

Reliability/Durability

Well, this guitar was made with reliability and durability in mind; so yes, it will look much better than me in 50 years ; )
    I wouldn't gig without a backup because I have so many guitars it would be a shame not to bring another one along! ; )

Customer Support

Well, this is for sure another strong point.
    The guy doesn't forget about you once he's sold the guitar. He remembers and cares of every single guitar he ever made...
    He is friendly and easily accessible which is a real help.
    When you buy a custom instrument like that, that kind of customer support SHOULD always be like that... but it's not always like that, no...

Overall Rating

I have been playing about 10 years and owning enough guitar to be worth a small airplane ; )
    I have to say though that with Patrick Hufschmid guitars I may have found the holy grail... Because I think that for a custom guitar not only the guitar must be wounderfull, but so must be the customer support; it's a long term investment...

2. Navo

Navo I believe in36frets

thats a crazy looking guitar man, is it possible to get one as a 7 or 8 string???

3. hufschmid

hufschmid Banned

:lol: this review was made by a customer of mine then the review was published here by an other customer of mine and his account was made up on my computer (just for info to the mods in case you make an IP investigation :squint:) :lol:

I dont build neck through guitars anymore :) But I can build anything you wish with the bolt on technique which is part of my style :)

4. Panterica

Panterica Banned

damn, and i thought there'd be hope for a neck thru blackdroid :(

5. hufschmid

hufschmid Banned

6. Navo

Navo I believe in36frets

I was wondering if its possible to get a guitar made that looks similar to the Randy Rhoads RR5

btw do u do extensive inlay work as well?
    im looking for someone who can make a beutiful vine/swirl shape on the neck of my custom (much like Michael paget's guitar inlay)
    perhaps u could help me there, or if not, atleast give me another contact who can do such work?