How hard is it to pull all the active stuff out of a Ibby RGA8?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Wolf 6, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Wolf 6

Wolf 6 SS.org Regular

Plan on buying a dimarzio d-active 8 and dimarzio paf 8 because fuck actives (Atleast the stock ones) and I want to know is there anything I should be wary of when I pull them soon. Also how does everyone like the d-active 8's and paf-8's?

2. Garlic Owl

Garlic Owl SS.org Regular

Shouldn't be too hard, I got my ART300's stock actives replaced with EMGs and it isn't too hard. You would just need to replace everything besides the pickup selector and output jack. Make sure you leave enough wire on the pickup selector, that's all I can really think of. Btw how do you like your RGA8? I was thinking about getting one.

3. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master

EMGs snap together like Legos now don't they?

Also, taking pickups out is almost always easier than putting them in. :yesway:

4. Augminished

Augminished Augminished Studio

:agreed:

When I swapped pickups in my RGA7 it was really simple to remove everything. Just desolder everything then pull out the pups, unscrew the knob then remove the pot and the "make everything sound like shit switch". I also switched out the 3 way and the output jack. If you are not experienced make sure to go slow so you don't scrap the body. Also you have to swap the pot to either 250K or 500K. What are you going to put in place of the make everything sound like shit switch if anything?

5. Wolf 6

Wolf 6 SS.org Regular

AKA pull the electronics and put a 500kA and 500Kb pots in it along with a 5-way and get something other than the stereo jack actives use?

Edit: I think the only reason I made this thread was because i was bored.....